Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Alistair wins in Cork [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:

Stop worshipping at the idol of false dicks.

Too many dicks on the dance floor...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair wins in Cork [1poseur1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt, that's important to me.

I don't care what your opinion of LC's status as an athlete is TBH. My subjective opinion is, that it is as subjective as mine would be. There is no objective classification of triathletes AFAIK.
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair wins in Cork [Sun Wu Kong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sun Wu Kong wrote:
Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt, that's important to me.

I don't care what your opinion of LC's status as an athlete is TBH. My subjective opinion is, that it is as subjective as mine would be. There is no objective classification of triathletes AFAIK.

Of course there are objective classifications of triathletes. Perhaps your lack of understanding of the difference b/w objective and subjective is what is leading you astray. Gender, pro/amateur, AG, PC, nationality are all objective categories. These are the obvious ones - If you put a little more thought into it there are plenty of others. For instance an athlete that wins races at a national level but not a world level could objectively be described as a national class athlete but not a world class athlete. Make sense?
Last edited by: 1poseur1: Jun 26, 19 4:54
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair wins in Cork [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure what your point is but if you watched the Leeds race you would have seen him holding his back which I assumed was some sort of injury. Maybe not but whatever the case my point is that I think he will go long again in Kona and still try to get to Tokyo 2020.
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair wins in Cork [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to be the first to call a Brownlee win in Kona this year!

If he turns up fully fit (That's a massive IF) no injuries from now till then, fully commits himself to LC, does another IM in hot conditions before Kona, has nutrition etc dialed in, he wins!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand but you're putting everyone into a category and individual sports is about the individual and what that individual does on race day. No doubt that Ryf is at the top, along with Lucy but you're categorizing the best of the best; these are professional athletes. Your analogy is the same to me as one of someone who does preseason predictions.. they mean nothing. These are the best of the sport and just enjoy it. No need to make comparisons, etc. If one cant enjoy a sport then analyze your life because I'm willing you bet you're not 'world class' in your profession.
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair wins in Cork [Dr. Seuss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure what it has to do with anything but since you put out there I will answer

I am objectively T2 in my profession and objectively T2 in my AG in the sport of triathlon. It does not hurt my feelings to acknowledge that I am not T1. Should it?
Last edited by: 1poseur1: Jun 28, 19 9:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you’ve won regional/national triathlons at your age group?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stop digging!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair wins in Cork [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OddSlug wrote:

Yes.
Last edited by: 1poseur1: Jun 28, 19 11:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1poseur1 wrote:
OddSlug wrote:

Yes. Off the top of my head my palmares include
1. lots of OA podium and some wins at regional races.
2. several AG wins at national races
3. lots of podium at IM level
4. taken top 10 OA a couple of times at IM (both races included pros though).
5. 7/8 on KQ attempts.
6. 2018 season was all 70.3 (non IM branded though). Took 2 OA, 6th OA, 5th OA, 3rd OA. Won my AG at all of these but do not care as I was racing for OA. Shot for top American in my AG at Kona but failed.

But: to be considered T1 I would have to AG podium at Kona.

I this T2 a fair assessment or should I be T3?

You might as well put your name in your profile at this point team twitch hunt will who you are figured out before the end of the weekend at the latest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SHE WAS TOP TEN in kona today. you should message her and apologise and give her a congratulations.

MAN UP DUDE.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair wins in Cork [linseyp16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
linseyp16 wrote:
Hi there!

Just wanted to say thanks for the shout-out. I’m bummed you consider me a third-tier pro. I had my 4th top - 10 appearance at Kona last year, won IRONMAN WISCONSIN (in record setting time), and have been the top American at both World Championships as well as have 7 other Ironman titles to my name.

I can’t speak highly enough of how brutal the conditions were today. On top of that, this was an extremely challenging course: both the terrain & road surfaces. It was pure survival mode for anyone out there that raced. This is an incredible event & I feel for the race organization as it was horrible luck with the weather today.

Congrats to everyone that finished or even took part in a portion of the race.

I’ve done over 100 triathlons and this was only my third ever DNF - and I didn’t have much choice in the matter, my body just said NO.

Congrats to Alistair (and Emma) on the wins today - it was no joke out there.

Linsey Corbin

WAY TO GO TODAY TOP TEN IN KONA!!!

I think someone/ people on here own you special congrats.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair wins in Cork [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathletetoth wrote:
SHE WAS TOP TEN in kona today. you should message her and apologise and give her a congratulations.

MAN UP DUDE.

Da fuq? You have been harboring this for months and then went back to reply to this? Do I live inside your head? Damn.

Wasn't she top 10 last year too? Was she ever considered a threat for the win yesterday? Was she ever even in the mix for the win? No?

Chris Leiferman was 10th male. Is he tier 1 as well? Have you gone back to point out to anyone that has suggested otherwise that they need to MAN UP DUDE AND APOLOGIZE? Lol

BTW I saw LC in WI this year and sat behind her at awards ceremony in fact. She had a great race and is a class act. Truly 100%. Still not a tier 1 athlete, though. As I said before, she can win at regional races but is not a threat when the athletes that are tier 1 show up. Deal with it.

You seem to have an incredible emotional investment in her only being considered the very best and take it personal that I do not.

EDIT if you recall the whole point of my response to this thread was that just because LC said Cork was tough does not mean anything for ABs prospects in Kona. This is what triggered the emotional breakdown of the LC fanclub because they (and you) interpreted this as me shitting on LC.

The point that you missed is that I was commenting that Cork meant nothing for ABs prospects regardless of what LC said. That was literally the point that I was making. I have not had a chance to check results, how did AB do? LMK.
Last edited by: 1poseur1: Oct 13, 19 7:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know that would be your rebuttal exactly.

BLah blah blah. So weak ...

I remembered it because you came off as such a douche. When I say her results in the top ten it reaffirmed I was correct about you.

What is with your statement about being behind her at the awards. I was in close proximity to her so we are all good now???

Chris is moving up the list quickly ahead of many towards top teir. First year in kona top 10. Yup that goes into teir 1.

It ok to be wrong.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathletetoth wrote:
I know that would be your rebuttal exactly.

BLah blah blah. So weak ...

I remembered it because you came off as such a douche. When I say her results in the top ten it reaffirmed I was correct about you.

What is with your statement about being behind her at the awards. I was in close proximity to her so we are all good now???

Chris is moving up the list quickly ahead of many towards top teir. First year in kona top 10. Yup that goes into teir 1.

It ok to be wrong.

"What is with your statement about being behind her at the awards. I was in close proximity to her so we are all good now???"

Because you are dense let me spell it out for you: The point is I actually am familiar with her as both an athlete and and as a person. She is great, I mean her no ill will. She is not ever going to win Kona though. Sorry, but that is the reality of the situation. There is such a thing as "good" "better" "best." LC is "better" not "best." Do you need a hug as you digest this?

Remind me, how did AB do yesterday? Surely he dominated because he won Cork and that was SUPER TOUGH, right? Get back to me on this.

And fuck off with the personal insults, asshole.

PS I just clicked on the link of your lame website. LOL. Featured photo is "winning photo" at some no name triathlon in bumblefuck CAD. And I'm the douche. Hilarious. Sorry but I will now have to add you to my ignore list. It's been fun.
Last edited by: 1poseur1: Oct 13, 19 8:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was going to say sorry and apologise for my comment and show you how easy. But you showed your try colours before I could.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1poseur1 wrote:

"What is with your statement about being behind her at the awards. I was in close proximity to her so we are all good now???"

Because you are dense let me spell it out for you: The point is I actually am familiar with her as both an athlete and and as a person. She is great, I mean her no ill will. She is not ever going to win Kona though. Sorry, but that is the reality of the situation. There is such a thing as "good" "better" "best." LC is "better" not "best." Do you need a hug as you digest this?

Remind me, how did AB do yesterday? Surely he dominated because he won Cork and that was SUPER TOUGH, right? Get back to me on this.

PS I just clicked on the link of your lame website. LOL. Featured photo is "winning photo" at some no name triathlon in bumblefuck CAD. And I'm the douche. Hilarious. Sorry but I will now have to add you to my ignore list. It's been fun.

You're a bit of a jerk aren't you?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathletetoth wrote:
I was going to say sorry and apologise for my comment and show you how easy. But you showed your try colours before I could.

you're not going to get a reply to this. at least as it stands now.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair wins in Cork [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't need one.

Quote Reply
Re: Alistair wins in Cork [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
1poseur1 wrote:

You're a bit of a jerk aren't you?

you're not going to get a reply either. we have 92,963 registered users here, 8 more than last night. we added 12, but shed 4.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good riddance. Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you, Slowman.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing