Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: In case you'd forgotten - IM Ireland live tomorrow [Race1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He’s flying, but a 2:35 marathon seems unsustainable. (I think my math is close)

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: In case you'd forgotten - IM Ireland live tomorrow [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sunday morning 8:15am and 5.5k people are logged in and watching the live free event on the fb feed.

I'd be curious the economic cost that was the live streaming whole package that went with FB streaming.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: In case you'd forgotten - IM Ireland live tomorrow [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's 10.30 on a sunday night here. I'm tuned in and the race is pretty shit. The coverage wasn't great for a while then improved, but the actual race is shit. But I am tuned in.

EDIT - Looks like a pretty challenging course though
Last edited by: andy12: Jun 23, 19 5:26
Quote Reply
Re: In case you'd forgotten - IM Ireland live tomorrow [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
I’d be walking up that hill for sure.

Not if you changed your position and brought that towel of yours /pink
Quote Reply
Re: In case you'd forgotten - IM Ireland live tomorrow [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
it's a great position, just not achievable on a normal Scott Plasma

knighty76 wrote:
What score for the position Eric? Looks pretty bloody good to my amateur eye.

Why can’t it be achieved normally? Under mount the extensions, and add an angled wedge for the pads on top of the base bar.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: In case you'd forgotten - IM Ireland live tomorrow [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure the undermount is a custom made one off...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: In case you'd forgotten - IM Ireland live tomorrow [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Other than a cancelled swim, the race conditions could not suit Brownlee better. He can still win this one, but doesn’t look dominant win or not. Based on him battling with Bryan McCrystal for the win, does anyone seem him as a legitimate Kona contender against the likes of Lange and Frodeno?
Quote Reply
Re: In case you'd forgotten - IM Ireland live tomorrow [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
Other than a cancelled swim, the race conditions could not suit Brownlee better. He can still win this one, but doesn’t look dominant win or not. Based on him battling with Bryan McCrystal for the win, does anyone seem him as a legitimate Kona contender against the likes of Lange and Frodeno?

Nope. But i think that's kind of what he wanted? I'm a betting man and i wouldn't put money on him.
Quote Reply
Re: In case you'd forgotten - IM Ireland live tomorrow [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AB just needs direction and I'm sure events/results like this will help shape his future (as would his Leeds results which showcased where he sorta stands on a world class itu field). Once he gets some full on specificity training going toward *whichever* direction he goes, he'll have a good true chance at it.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: In case you'd forgotten - IM Ireland live tomorrow [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AB is clearly expecting the weather to pick up: sunglasses easily to hand.
Quote Reply
Re: In case you'd forgotten - IM Ireland live tomorrow [moonmonkey02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently AB now unofficially in the lead. 'Virtual leader' by 30 or so seconds. 35ish km
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:

It's his first IM - he said in the interviews he has done no specific prep. As it is, with a very hard bike, terrible weather he's looking at a 2:4x marathon.

I had him down as a sure fire blow up on the bike, and a slow run / walk - like many.

I think his performance has been really good - he's paced it well, steady bike and run.

Of course, he'll be beaten down by the armchair hero types on here, but he always will be.

imho it bodes well for Kona. He'll swim at the front, bike at the front and seems to be able to run the distance.
Quote Reply
Re: In case you'd forgotten - IM Ireland live tomorrow [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm impressed how controlled his run is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps, but here’s what can be done with stock hardware:

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...t_Plasma_5_4482.html

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
Based on him battling with Bryan McCrystal for the win

Out of interest I just looked up the Race Results for McCrystal - he generally does tough slow races. I found Arizona 2015, he biked 4:15, so no slouch assuming he's improved since then.

He generally swims 57, runs 3:10

If there had been a swim today, AB would have been 11min or so ahead after the swim, they would have been close off the bike, and AB would now be 20min in the lead. I'm not sure it's the "battle" it looks!

Still, it's interesting how many 'unknown' athletes are pretty quick, at least in one of the three sports.
Last edited by: bluefever: Jun 23, 19 6:53
Quote Reply
Re: In case you'd forgotten - IM Ireland live tomorrow [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
swim cancelled and new arrangements pending, according to Twitter.
this is likely not the debut ali wanted - nor his fans. . .

Question. So nobody, including Brownlee, will get a KQ from this race?

If yes, what other IM would Brownlee do to KQ, in your opinion or is Kona out for him this year?

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: In case you'd forgotten - IM Ireland live tomorrow [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
iron_mike wrote:

If yes, what other IM would Brownlee do to KQ, in your opinion or is Kona out for him this year?
KQ slots will be handed out as normal..It might not be an Ironman but it is still a race and that counts as far as Ironman is concerned.
Quote Reply
Re: In case you'd forgotten - IM Ireland live tomorrow [Schnellinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
touché
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
AB just needs direction and I'm sure events/results like this will help shape his future (as would his Leeds results which showcased where he sorta stands on a world class itu field). Once he gets some full on specificity training going toward *whichever* direction he goes, he'll have a good true chance at it.

i've been thinking about this, and i'm not sure what he'll take from the race. it's a weird result - he got the win, but didn't swim, had a bizarre TT start, outrageous weather, and a first-year event with nobody to compare times with. so it's hard to say what the key 'lessons' are to draw from it, since the whole day feels like such an outlier.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: In case you'd forgotten - IM Ireland live tomorrow [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I take nothing from the race honestly. I dont give a shit what his times were or he got "out biked" etc. I say that because to me AB isn't in a place to take any real value from the result other than a check box moment. And it was also a shit ass day out there with a TT start so this whole "bike splits" is completely meaningless then imo.

1st IM, 1st IM win- Done

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Jun 23, 19 11:57
Quote Reply
Re: In case you'd forgotten - IM Ireland live tomorrow [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
iron_mike wrote:

In the simplest sense this is a financial transaction, whereby 200-400 people have the “dream” of going to Kona and IM has agreed to allocate 40 spots plus pros to those who show up that day.

The cancelled swim is a decision on the ground, but the spots and the opportunity to challenge for them don’t get taken away or reallocated.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: In case you'd forgotten - IM Ireland live tomorrow [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fwiw, McCrystal is a monster on the bike. Family man with a regular job, UCI continental team last year. National 100 mi record holder. Came as high as 4th in national RR against several pros. And he weighs 91 kg. In a straight up long and flattish TT I'd bet on him over Brownlee or Sanders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
I take nothing from the race honestly. I dont give a shit what his times were or he got "out biked" etc. I say that because to me AB isn't in a place to take any real value from the result other than a check box moment. And it was also a shit ass day out there with a TT start so this whole "bike splits" is completely meaningless then imo.

1st IM, 1st IM win- Done

Don't forget as well McCrytsal would have been well over 10mins behind AB if there had been a swim. And from what I've seen with a lot of guys that can bike, but not great swimmers, their bike suffers. McCrystal would have got on that bike breathing out of his ass after the swim, AB not so much,
Quote Reply
Re: In case you'd forgotten - IM Ireland live tomorrow [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where there was a beach to exit the swim it was gone. The sea was up to the sea wall. I know the air/water rule but there were more factors
In Reply To:

Re: In case you'd forgotten - IM Ireland live tomorrow [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where there was a beach to exit the swim it was gone. The sea was up to the sea wall.//

I've had that kind of swim before, they use rope ladders, or dock ones to get out. Pretty easy as most people are one at a time by then..
Quote Reply

Prev Next