Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training clothes that dry super fast when traveling?
Quote | Reply
I will be going on a trip where I will be changing hotel almost everyday. I train first thing in the morning. So, I am looking for training clothes that I can wash before I take a shower, and will dry within an hour so that I can pack up and relocate only to reuse the next morning again.

Are there such training clothes that dry super fast like what I imagine?

What do you guys do when you go on a long trip?
Last edited by: drjoke: Jun 21, 19 5:43
Quote Reply
Re: Training clothes that dry super fast when traveling? [drjoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would go with synthetics/polyester. Even then you'll be lucky if they dry within an hour.

Tip: Wash them before or while showering and then wrap and roll up in a towel and walk/step on the towel. This really speeds up the drying process.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Training clothes that dry super fast when traveling? [drjoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drjoke wrote:
I will be going on a trip where I will be changing hotel almost everyday. I train first thing in the morning. So, I am looking for training clothes that I can wash before I take a shower, and will dry within an hour so that I can pickup and relocate only to reuse the next morning again.

Are there such training clothes that dry super fast like what I imagine?

What do you guys do when you go on a long trip?

Helly Hansen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run in ExOfficio briefs. They dry almost immediately. However, I have yet to find running pants or shirts that dry quickly enough for travel. I just do what IT says... I wash them while in the shower, wring them out as best I can, roll them in towels, and I stand on them while getting ready. They are damp when done, so I put in a plastic bag and repack. I hang them up in the new hotel and they are mostly dry the next morning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use the hairdryer in the hotel to dry them. Not great for longevity of the cloths, but with thin technical clothes you can get reasonably dry in a few minutes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From a dermatology view of hygiene, you really want to wash those with some soap before rewearing.

I just take them out in the car and spread them out and they dry while I drive after a quick sink washing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We ride A LOT when away from home and staying in hotels. Sometimes there is laundry and sometimes not.

The tricks to dealing with training apparel when training and traveling.

1. Make sure it's high quality synthetic material.

2. Take it into the shower with you right away, after you finish your session.

3. Wash in the shower using a sports apparel specific detergent, such as Sport Suds ( we always travel with a zip-locked bag of this with us). Rinse thoroughly, and ring dry as best as you can.

4. As another poster has suggested, roll up washed garments in a towel and walk all over it.

5. Hang up to dry.

Typically, stuff is dry within a couple of hours. Cycling chamois takes the longest - that usually needs 12 hours or more to hang dry. (That's why we have at least 2 cycling kits always in circulation when traveling)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just hold my panties out the window until they're dry :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We make clothing from a number of fabrics, so I go through this thought as well, when we look at gear. Merino is really nice because it doesn't get that stinky polyester smell. Seems that no matter what process you treat polyester with, it just can't act like a wool can. Tradeoff is that it is hard to find a lot of options, and the prices are higher. Smell is just a bad thing :)

C4 Sports
http://www.c4sports.biz
sales@c4sports.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve often used this trick from DCRainmaker: hang your clothes on a hanger under the ventilation in the hotel room. It quickly dries up.

No need to buy special clothes.
Quote Reply
Re: Training clothes that dry super fast when traveling? [jth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a flight attendant, as I've posted on here a few times. I find that is usually the best-case scenario. Often times, it's hard to find a way to hang stuff up near ventilation. Moving a floor-standing lamp with a large shade does the trick sometimes for me. Also, cooling down after a workout and walking for a little bit can help a lot - your body heat and air movement will do a lot to start the process. Luckily for me, I don't smell when I sweat (I sweat plenty, but my clothes don't usually smell when I'm done), and I often find a place on the plane to at least air-out my stuff. DO NOT hang up your stuff in a hotel bathroom - I've found that even if there is an exhaust fan, air circulation in the bathrooms are horrible. I've hugn stuff up overnight and it was still damp in the morning.

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Patagonia lightweight capilene tops and Nike Dri-fit are pretty good for this purpose. Just make sure it’s the very thin polyester material and not the thicker stuff or mixed with other materials because some polyester shirts are as bad as cotton t-shirts (takes forever to dry).

Are you driving btwn places or flying? If driving, you can hang it in the car to air dry after washing until you arrive at the next hotel. If going in the plane, put it in a plastic bag and then hang it once you get to the hotel .. should be dry overnight for your morning training session.

With my Patagonia stuff I can wash the night before and it’ll be dry within 1-2 hours, ready for my morning run.
Quote Reply