Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trek Madone Speed [bespoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone purchased one of these bikes? If so, how do you like it?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bespoke wrote:
Injecting new life into an old thread
Does anyone know if you can add spacers to the pads? I was told not; which seems crazy because I think in its normal road position the pad height will be very low

The only spacer available is the pad wing spacer which raises them +5mm (part number W327606). Other than that, you would want to check your fit measurements to make sure you have your bar stack correct as you can add/remove headset spacers or change the stem to the High stem if you have the Low stem.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Madone Speed [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the ULTIMATE hero gravel setup :) Seriously.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Madone Speed [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As someone who just bought a Madone Sl7 and am going to do some Tri’s with clip ons, my question with this bike and mine - is there anyway, or need to have a separate seat post to swap out to open up the hip angle? From what I’ve see there are no options, but maybe no need either?..
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Madone Speed [Scollett84@] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is an optional 5mm setback seat mast. Not exactly gonna get you to A “tri bike” position, but every little bit helps.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Mar 8, 20 19:03
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Madone Speed [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@ Mitch or anyone who can answer this :

Is this bar setup available as an upgrade to the original rim brake Madone 9.9 with the integrated handlebar? If so what would need to be changed? Looks like potentially the entire handlebar/stem by my eye but just wanted to confirm.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Madone Speed [brianwchan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brianwchan wrote:
@ Mitch or anyone who can answer this :

Is this bar setup available as an upgrade to the original rim brake Madone 9.9 with the integrated handlebar? If so what would need to be changed? Looks like potentially the entire handlebar/stem by my eye but just wanted to confirm.

It wouldn't work for the Madone 9.9 (gen 5). It would only work with the Madone SLR (gen 6) handlebar/stem setup.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Mitch! Are we saying that it is not physically possible to replace the one piece stem/bar with the newer SLR stem and bar setup? Or perhaps not a SKU offered by Trek?
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Madone Speed [brianwchan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brianwchan wrote:
Thanks Mitch! Are we saying that it is not physically possible to replace the one piece stem/bar with the newer SLR stem and bar setup? Or perhaps not a SKU offered by Trek?

Unfortunately, it's not possible.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, thanks for the info.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch, any info on how hard it is to install/remove the extensions if you order with Di2 through project one? Where will the bar end shifters need connect?

Thanks
Kris
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Madone Speed [kriss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are no bar end shifters.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Madone Speed [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They’re available as an option on project one in Australia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, cool, didn’t saw that. I need to check this out.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Madone Speed [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can re wire sprint shifters so they are longer.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kriss wrote:
Hi Mitch, any info on how hard it is to install/remove the extensions if you order with Di2 through project one? Where will the bar end shifters need connect?

Thanks
Kris

This would be a fairly simple install. You would need to remove the wires from the junction box then you just remove the extensions and the wires would come with. To install, you can run a cable from the junction box up the the extension and then use a piece of tape to hold it to the wire to guide the wire back down.

Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Apr 27, 20 11:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch
Like the excellent SC size guide Trek has done; is there anywhere I can see what the min and max pad stack would be on the Madone Speed in various sizes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bespoke wrote:
Hi Mitch
Like the excellent SC size guide Trek has done; is there anywhere I can see what the min and max pad stack would be on the Madone Speed in various sizes?

I have not seen anything yet, but I checked to see if our product team has anything they didn't share with me on this. I'll let you know if we do!

Quote Reply

Prev Next