Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tampa Bay Expos
Quote | Reply
So Tampa Bay Ray have received permission form MLB to “explore the possibility” of playin some home games in Montreal next year.

It makes a lot of sense. I mean, what’s better than playing in a decrepit empty stadium? Playing in two decrepit empty stadiums!!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Tampa Bay Expos [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
So Tampa Bay Ray have received permission form MLB to “explore the possibility” of playin some home games in Montreal next year.

It makes a lot of sense. I mean, what’s better than playing in a decrepit empty stadium? Playing in two decrepit empty stadiums!!

How old do you have to be to still follow baseball? 80? 90? Any sport where you can win by a score of 1 to 0 isn't worth following.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Tampa Bay Expos [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

How old do you have to be to still follow baseball? 80? 90? Any sport where you can win by a score of 1 to 0 isn't worth following.

Futbol fans disagree
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

This has to be the biggest dump of a stadium in MLB. How they even manage to draw an average "crowd" of 14,500 to this place is incredible. (This image must have been taken on the night with their largest crowd ever.)

Where would they play in Montreal? Could it be any worse?

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Tampa Bay Expos [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They would play where the Washington nats used to play, just a guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They should just move the franchise outright at this point. Have never drawn well since they were formed; even when they won the AL pennant in 2008 hey had trouble selling out playoff games and in recent years haven't even bothered to offer the upper levels as available seating.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Tampa Bay Expos [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How old do you have to be to still follow baseball

All you need is an attention span and being willing to put down your cell phones for 5 minutes and enjoy a sport.
Quote Reply
Re: Tampa Bay Expos [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
BLeP wrote:

This has to be the biggest dump of a stadium in MLB. How they even manage to draw an average "crowd" of 14,500 to this place is incredible. (This image must have been taken on the night with their largest crowd ever.)

Where would they play in Montreal? Could it be any worse?

They would play in the Big O. A crappy old stadium that badly needs to be replaced.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, not in the Big Owe... The group vying to bring it back has already secured the rights to land downtown, adjacent to the Peel Basin, where a new, smaller outdoor stadium could be built...

Not saying it's a good idea, but there's a very well organized, well funded group leading this charge. I think it *could* be a good compromise for us, in a city that can't support the full season without a covered stadium...
Quote Reply
Re: Tampa Bay Expos [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It makes a lot of sense. Play in Tampa Bay in spring and fall and in Montreal over the summer. They just need to change the name of the team to the Snow Birds.
Quote Reply
Re: Tampa Bay Expos [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snoots wrote:
No, not in the Big Owe... The group vying to bring it back has already secured the rights to land downtown, adjacent to the Peel Basin, where a new, smaller outdoor stadium could be built...

Not saying it's a good idea, but there's a very well organized, well funded group leading this charge. I think it *could* be a good compromise for us, in a city that can't support the full season without a covered stadium...

They need to build it first.

Quote Reply
Re: Tampa Bay Expos [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
It makes a lot of sense. Play in Tampa Bay in spring and fall and in Montreal over the summer. They just need to change the name of the team to the Snow Birds.

Given the history of the Expos turned Nationals, I think Internationals would be fitting.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They should be the Montreal-Tampa X-Rays.

I wish I could take credit for that one or recall where I saw that yesterday to give it proper credit.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Tampa Bay Expos [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it would be amusing if they were the Montreal Expos in Montreal and the TB Rays everywhere else.

Quote Reply