Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Searching for Ötilliö Engadin swimrun partner 7.7.2019
Quote | Reply
Hey folks,

I'm searching for a partner for the upcoming Ötillö world series race which takes place in Engadin Switzerland.

Unfortunately my loved teammate gets injured just before the big happening. Now i'm on the search for a replaced because i will be in Switzerland anyway and i want to make some fun out of the completed workouts from the last months.

So feel free to contact me if you want to join me for this dance (possible teams are men, woman and mixed). The entry is already paid.

Some words about myself.
I'm working a lot on my swim performance starting from last October (a lot of 15k weeks, peak 20k).
Last year IM Frankfurt 10:35. Marathon 3:10. Finished 73k ultra in may.
I don't care on your tempo (if you are faster i will try to keep up as good as i can ;) indeed ). I want to make this experience in the first way.
I'm situated in Leipzig/Lipsia Germany and i'm 31 yeas old.

Last but not least the course details:

• TOTAL RACE DISTANCE 45 400 M
  • TRAIL-RUNNING 39 600 M
  • SWIMMING 5 800 M
  • SWIM SECTIONS 8
  • LONGEST SWIM 1 400 M
  • LONGEST RUN 8 500 M
  • TOTAL ELEVATION 1 500 M

https://otilloswimrun.com/...adin/#raceinfoTabs|0

Greetings
Karsten
Quote Reply
Re: Searching for Ötilliö Engadin swimrun partner 7.7.2019 [KaKu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Airfare included?

Damn though if I was in the area I'd definitely take you up on it.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Searching for Ötilliö Engadin swimrun partner 7.7.2019 [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can only transfer my swim miles to your account. Is this possible with airlines from america?

I have 295km in the books for 2019. Hope they will not use 1:1 key for calculating into flight miles ;D
Quote Reply
Re: Searching for Ötilliö Engadin swimrun partner 7.7.2019 [KaKu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I could handle this race as I'm averaging about 40 km swim and 65 km run per week. And, I can pay my airfare over there; it would be my first real "vacation" in like 8 yrs so I'm overdue. :) However, I have not raced at all in about 5 yrs. Do the race organizers require me to furnish proof of a half iron under 6 hr or a half mary under 2 hr within past 2 yrs??? I know some American races require this.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Searching for Ötilliö Engadin swimrun partner 7.7.2019 [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

now im excited (nice swim average - I'm a little bit scared ;)).

The organisation doesn't demand any results in a certain event.

What is mandatory by the organisation as prerequisite:

1. To be able to participate in ÖTILLÖ SWIMRUN WORLD SERIES you have to race in a team consisting of two persons that are at least 18 years old and able to swim.
  2. Each team member needs to have a valid insurance for competing in swimrun
  3. Photo-ID

What is mandatory by the organisator while taking part:
  1. – 1 First aid pressure bandage, packed waterproof (which i have)
  2. – A Neoprene wetsuit per person suitable for the current water temperatures
  3. – 1 Compass/Watch Compass (which i have)
  4. – 2 Whistles, 1 per person
  5. – 2 Foldable cups/soft flasks or similar (not your swim cap) to drink from at the energy stations

Mandatory equipment that the organisation will supply:
  1. Race bibs must be worn visible all the time during the race
  2. Map
  3. Timing chip (lost or not returned timing chip will be charged 100 Euros or equivalent)
  4. Swimcaps must be worn visible during all the swims

Recommended equipment:
  1. Tether (which i have)
  2. Water bladder

The wetsuit must be a swim run suite. I use the orca rs1 swimrun

It is possible to rent a suite from Ötillö until the 1st of July here https://arkswimrun.com/en/products/rental .

The insurance can be booked online (15€ for Engadin https://otilloswimrun.com/insurance/ ).

Greetings
Karsten
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Karsten - OK, I can easily meet those requirements. I will send you a PM later tonight to go over some further details but right now I need to go do my 6 km swim and 12 km run. I'll start tapering after tomorrow (Sunday). I think a 13 day taper should be about right. :)

KaKu wrote:
Hi Eric,
now im excited (nice swim average - I'm a little bit scared ;)).
The organisation doesn't demand any results in a certain event.

What is mandatory by the organisation as prerequisite:

1. To be able to participate in ÖTILLÖ SWIMRUN WORLD SERIES you have to race in a team consisting of two persons that are at least 18 years old and able to swim.
  2. Each team member needs to have a valid insurance for competing in swimrun
  3. Photo-ID
What is mandatory by the organisator while taking part:
  1. – 1 First aid pressure bandage, packed waterproof (which i have)
  2. – A Neoprene wetsuit per person suitable for the current water temperatures
  3. – 1 Compass/Watch Compass (which i have)
  4. – 2 Whistles, 1 per person
  5. – 2 Foldable cups/soft flasks or similar (not your swim cap) to drink from at the energy stations
Mandatory equipment that the organisation will supply:
  1. Race bibs must be worn visible all the time during the race
  2. Map
  3. Timing chip (lost or not returned timing chip will be charged 100 Euros or equivalent)
  4. Swimcaps must be worn visible during all the swims
Recommended equipment:
  1. Tether (which i have)
  2. Water bladder
The wetsuit must be a swim run suite. I use the orca rs1 swimrun

It is possible to rent a suite from Ötillö until the 1st of July here https://arkswimrun.com/en/products/rental .
The insurance can be booked online (15€ for Engadin https://otilloswimrun.com/insurance/ ).

Greetings
Karsten

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is an amazing race, and hopefully you will find a partner. Look up Martin Janousek on FB
Quote Reply
Re: Searching for Ötilliö Engadin swimrun partner 7.7.2019 [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@Herbert

I have already talked to Martin :D unfortunately he is not available on the date.

Im still on the search means the second spot on my warm and cuddly side ist still free 👪👨‍👨‍👧.
Quote Reply