Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Slowtwitch Forum Had a Hand in Zwift Starting Up!
Quote | Reply
I know this forum get's bashed for being rude, negative, and just a bunch of tri-nerds yelling at one another, but, it can also be a source of huge positivity and good!

Great read here on Zwift, from Outside Magazine, and how Company Co-Founder and the CEO, Eric Min, found a key contact on the forum that really helped Zwift get off the ground and launch - https://www.outsideonline.com/...ift-virtual-training

The annual Slowtwitch Party in Kona, which I have Emceed for the last number of years, was also the soft public launch point for Zwift 5 years ago. And I know from posts that MANY Forum users were early adopters of Zwift and currently BIG users of the platform. So Slowtwitch has been integral to the success of Zwift as it has grown. Kudos to Dan, and the team for creating and curating such a great community

It's remarkable how far Zwift has come, and what a TRUE game-changer it has been!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Forum Had a Hand in Zwift Starting Up! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...now somehow, I feel the obligation to be rude, negative, and to start yelling... so I will, "YOUR SEAT IS TOO HIGH"

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm certain that I first heard of Zwift here on Slowtwtich when it started in Beta. I signed up and tried it out then, but didn't love the idea on a 'dumb' trainer. I used it for a little while then completely gave up on it. A few years, a couple of kids, a smart trainer, and a MUCH improved Zwift later, I'm falling in love with the platform. Kudos to the team that got this off the ground. I hope it continues to grow.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Forum Had a Hand in Zwift Starting Up! [kmill23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here. Acceptance into the Zwift beta via slowtwitch forum post was the reason I got my first smart trainer back in the day. The venerable Cycleops Powerbeam Pro. For us upper Midwesterners with long, dark winters Zwift is a godsend for sure.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Forum Had a Hand in Zwift Starting Up! [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"YOUR SEAT IS TOO HIGH"

LOL!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
"YOUR SEAT IS TOO HIGH"

LOL!
Zwift needs this... rather than (or in addition to) the handwave and the other in-game signaling and audio clips.

Less is more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It may be my browser, but is there a horribly large 8-bit picture of something at the top of that page?

If everyone is seeing, WTF?

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
I know this forum get's bashed for being rude, negative, and just a bunch of tri-nerds yelling at one another, but, it can also be a source of huge positivity and good!

Great read here on Zwift, from Outside Magazine, and how Company Co-Founder and the CEO, Eric Min, found a key contact on the forum that really helped Zwift get off the ground and launch - https://www.outsideonline.com/...ift-virtual-training

The annual Slowtwitch Party in Kona, which I have Emceed for the last number of years, was also the soft public launch point for Zwift 5 years ago. And I know from posts that MANY Forum users were early adopters of Zwift and currently BIG users of the platform. So Slowtwitch has been integral to the success of Zwift as it has grown. Kudos to Dan, and the team for creating and curating such a great community

It's remarkable how far Zwift has come, and what a TRUE game-changer it has been!

Cyclists are going to go bonkers over this.

***grabs popcorn***
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Forum Had a Hand in Zwift Starting Up! [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If everyone is seeing, WTF?

If you are referring to the Outside article I linked to, there is a large graphic image at the top of the article.

I've not had a problem with it uploading and viewing on desk-top or mobile PC/Android devices.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those who don't remember the threads, our small part in history being made;

linky 1
linky 2

For the record, RPG style upgrades was completely my idea and you should all thank me. I'm still waiting on the "wind tunnel time" purchase for a cda upgrade.

Love me some Zwift.

Cheers,
Rich.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Forum Had a Hand in Zwift Starting Up! [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting those threads up - the genesis of Zwift - right there!

Quote Reply