Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What would Ali Brownlee consider a pass mark with first attempt at Ironman? [TRO Saracen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRO Saracen wrote:
We can rule out 'blowing up in the heat' anyway based on current weather predictions...

as someone who lives 90 minutes form the course, i can vouch that you could have ruled that out 6 months ago and been right
Quote Reply
Re: What would Ali Brownlee consider a pass mark with first attempt at Ironman? [NUFCrichard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about Brent McMahon, he could possibly be the biggest competition for AliB?
Quote Reply
Re: What would Ali Brownlee consider a pass mark with first attempt at Ironman? [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No offense but the field is weak. He should do well. Kona is a different story
Quote Reply
Re: What would Ali Brownlee consider a pass mark with first attempt at Ironman? [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
Pretty sure Alistair wouldn't have any issues keeping up with Wurf, he has said his ftp is around 400, which is 5,7w/kg and maybe just slightly under Wurf.
I would say Ali's best possible tactics at Kona would be swimming with Burgs, then going decently hard on he bike till Wurf catches on and then take turns in front and get to T2 with a 10+ min lead (which I doubt he will even need).

Can someone educate a simpleton here.
If you can't draft - logic would denote you are not in a slip stream or getting any benefit from the person in front of you - so why would it matter who takes turns in the front or who hangs 3, 4, 5, or 6 people back? How does one "share" work in a situation where in theory, everyone is doing the same amount of said "work".

I am confused but I am also stupid sooooo there's that.
Quote Reply
Re: What would Ali Brownlee consider a pass mark with first attempt at Ironman? [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's still a draft at legal distance and it definitely helps to have someone to key off of and motivate your legs.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply

Prev Next