Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

High end bike rental & routes in Munich
Quote | Reply
I'm headed to Munich at the end of July. My wife will be in meetings, but I will be free during the day and looking to ride. I will be staying in Old Town. Thanks in advanced!
Quote Reply
Re: High end bike rental & routes in Munich [Dynastar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done quite a bit a cycling along the Isar heading south. Crowded on the weekends but during the week should be fine. You can also cool down in the Isar if you don't mind cold water.

Andrew Inkpen
Quote Reply
Re: High end bike rental & routes in Munich [AndrewPhx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dynastar wrote:
I'm headed to Munich at the end of July. My wife will be in meetings, but I will be free during the day and looking to ride. I will be staying in Old Town. Thanks in advanced!

last year, my wife, brother-in-law and i biked from Munich through the Allgau to Bodensee. It was a great trip. Beautiful scenery. Lots of nice bike paths and smaller roads. The best decision of the entire trip was to take the s-bahn for the first 30 km or so out of downtown Munich.

run well, run happy
george
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's really easy to leave town to the north and south by bike. The South is probably more scenic with many small roads.

I live 50miles to the South, used to live in the city when I was young.
Quote Reply
Re: High end bike rental & routes in Munich [sryke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The two typical routes to leave/enter town to/from the South.

https://www.outdooractive.com/...atshausen/115215695/
Quote Reply
Re: High end bike rental & routes in Munich [georgereid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
georgereid wrote:
The best decision of the entire trip was to take the s-bahn for the first 30 km or so out of downtown Munich.

If you have the time, I would do this. Much of the Munich hinterland is pretty flat & agricultural (I lived in Erding). Best bet is to take the S-Bahn south, to somewhere like Starnberg (S6) and cycle around that area; there are also the nearby lakes to the NW of there you could bike around (Ammersee etc). Or if you have even more time, get the regional train down toward Garmisch.

There used to be a Tri down in Tutzing on the Starnberger See; great event, but alas no more.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply