Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DeSoto Tri Suit
Quote | Reply
I am getting ready by buy my first Tri suit. I was reading about the DeSoto's and their cooling technology they claim to have. I was just wondering if anyone has one of these suits and if the cooling technology is as good as they say it is. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: DeSoto Tri Suit [SoonerBorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really depends on the environment. In drier climates it's awesome. People report that it's less effective in humid climates. I've used in both Vegas and Cozumel, and noted that it worked better on the bike in Coz with a good wind passing over it than on the run. Wore it at Canada last year, dry and 95 degrees and worked pretty well. The sun protection is good too and helps keep the temp down better than exposed skin

BTW if it's really hot the beanie is fantastic if you can get water in there. I would spray cold water through a vent at Coz and actually found myself getting too cold, especially if I timed it with passing cloud cover. If such a thing were possible in COz
Last edited by: ChrisM: Jun 19, 19 10:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I LOVE mine and have been training and racing in DeSoto products for the last two seasons. They hold up well, fit (me) well, and are just well made. I ride in the thinner Forza pad, which is fine for me up to 70.3 distance, and dissapears during the run. I had less luck with the Riveria and 100 mile pad. For full IM, I wear Giordana FR-C Pro cycling bibs and switch into clean 3" inseam running shorts and singlet.

I do think the cooling tech works, especially the arm sleeves which really saved my ass in Chatty and Tremblant last year. They also protect against sun. When I started getting super hot I tried taking them off, and felt hotter. Put them on and sprayed some water on them, and the cooling effect was obvious.

Prior to that, I had a few Orca tri suits, which I never found very comfortable. And one of them, all black, felt like I overheated in despite it supposedly being some kind of sun reflecting fabric.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love mine, I just purchased a couple of months ago and have worn for OLY and HIM distance. It's the first time I have worn a one piece suit and it's the most comfortable suit I have worn, I also like the extra protection with the sleeves. The races I did were warm but not super hot but both runs were not shaded and I did feel cooler (normally I melt on runs when warm but did not). I also like the placement of the pockets on the side of the legs (at least on the women's cut) real easy access for gel or blocks on the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DISCLAIMER!!

De Soto Ambassador here but I have been using De Soto gear since 2002. I live in hot and humid Virginia and love my Surfboard Blue one piece. And X2 on the beanie.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been racing in the DeSoto Riviera Flisuit for just over a year. I've done both 70.3 and Olympic distances. One of the races was the Chicago Triathlon last year, which was cut short due to heat. I love the Flisuit and have never felt like it was making me hot. Certainly I was warm at Chicago but that's just because it was hot outside. My recollection is that I did not even unzip it during the run. I didn't really notice the suit, which is pretty much what you want. It fits and breathes well and I like the extra protection of the sleeves. In terms of the swim, I've worn it alone and under a wetsuit (sleeves on and not rolled up).
Quote Reply
Re: DeSoto Tri Suit [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have the flisuit and have used it for a few Oly and HIM races, it works very well and keeps you cool on hot dry/humid weather. I wore it last summer for IM Canada and it was about 95 deg once I got off the bike but the suit kept my body temps low in addition to using the wet sponges. You won't be disappointed!
Quote Reply