Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shanahan withdraws nomination
Quote | Reply

Shanahan has withdrawn his nomination for Sec of Defense in order to avoid his personal life getting dragged further into the public. I respect that, and wish him well.

But Trump claims he only just found out about this yesterday. That is either a gross lie, or a case of gross mis-management within the White House. Or both.
Quote Reply
Re: Shanahan withdraws nomination [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drain the swamp my arse!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good thing there are no wars stirring, we don't need a Secretary of Defense, or even Deputy Secretary of Defense. Sure in the entire history of the department of defense and even department of war, the longest there has never been a Secretary was 60 days, and the second longest was 10 days, and we have been without a Secretary for over 160 days. But I guess that is something competent administrations.

Also, how the hell did this not come up in his confirmation hearing? Shouldn't this have been told to the FBI and passed on to the Senate?
Last edited by: chaparral: Jun 18, 19 18:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still something a little fishy. There were rumblings that Shanahan's background check wasn't all smooth sailing prior to the domestic abuse allegation going public.

So it could be that Shanahan wasn't truthful to the FBI about something. Either this or something else.

So Shanahan's "it's all for my family" may not be the whole story. It may not be his choice.
Quote Reply