Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Running - chased by a pack of dogs [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
domingjm wrote:
...they seem to have the explicit goal of exacerbating divisiveness.

Politics have been like that forever pretty much... but sowing divisiveness throughout society is a new thing, at least in my lifetime. Half the population gets specially tailored "news"feeds manufactured from BS and spin, telling them all the hideous things the other half is up to, and they believe it! So lots of people are indignant and angry over the fake stories in their minds and it doesn't take much for them to explode.

Meanwhile back in reality, the great majority of people are about the same and want the same things, and there is really no reason why we can't get along.
Quote Reply
Re: Running - chased by a pack of dogs [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scottxs wrote:
First it was meant with humor but since your brought up the "ignorant" word the last dog that attacked us I simply killed, cut his head off, and took the head to animal control so they could check the un-vaccinated bastard for rabies, which is 100% fatal if untreated. Since it came out on a public road and bit my son, 10 staples to close the wound in his leg, I could have cared less how the dog died.

I love dogs and have two myself but if they attack a human on public property they are fair game.

Have you done 23andme?? I'm betting on an impressive expression of neanderthal ancestry.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Running - chased by a pack of dogs [otebski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
otebski wrote:
I have been bitten by a pack of dogs when on the bike. My answer is pretty simple: bear spray.

I am also pretty shocked by replies in this thread. Are you people really genuinely scared of "rednecks" taking revenge? Geez. You make US sound like some 3rd world country. At least from EU perspective.

Absolutely! And we should be scared! Having lived overseas I can understand your disbelief with some of the replies. However parts of the US are very third-world like. There is significant poverty in many parts of the country (the rust belt, bible belt, parts of Appalacia to name a few). Even the rural areas where I live have much economic depression. I haven't dealt with the southern rednecks in rural North Carolina but know the stories. Our rednecks here in Vermont are pretty mean and scary too. I could write a book about my stories of being bullied by rednecks and their dogs while running and cycling. It's pretty bad. And they are vindictive, nasty people. One thing to remember is that we have very lax gun laws in the US so many of these rednecks are fully armed and have an assortment of assault weapons.

I'm torn on what advice to give to the OP. Part of me wants to stand up to these backward redneck f*&Ktards. But it might not be worth it in the end. If the problem isn't solved after calling animal control, I personally would find another route. It sucks! I'm with you!

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Last edited by: 70Trigirl: Jun 19, 19 12:13
Quote Reply
Re: Running - chased by a pack of dogs [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No....LOL....Animal Control sent the Sherriff out to tell the owner to surrender the dog and the owner admitted it hadn't been vaccinated. The Sherriff let me do the rest.
Quote Reply
Re: Running - chased by a pack of dogs [kiwi.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiwi. wrote:
rruff wrote:
Spidey wrote:
With so few people having landlines anymore & no reliable cell phone directories the only way to do that would be to knock on the door, which means walking into the dog's yard. Personally, I wouldn't do that.

The house is obviously local to the OP so he can stop by in his car.

The dogs back off when yelled at, so they don't really mean business. Somebody running by is just too irresistible to ignore. Stop and pet them. Give them some doggy treats.

BTW, I don't have a dog and I don't have an urge to own one, but I can understand the perspective of someone living in a rural area and letting the dogs run loose... particularly if it's a place where runners and cyclists are rare. They aren't necessarily evil, or stupid, or assholes.

Do you believe the stuff you’re writing? Just curious.
I was wondering the same thing.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Running - chased by a pack of dogs [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Spray water at them with a water bottle. Carry extra water.
2. Make a loud noise. It may cause them to back off.
3. Keep calling animal control.
4. Keep calling animal control.
5. Keep calling animal control.
Quote Reply
Re: Running - chased by a pack of dogs [SBRLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PROVIDED there is an animal control. Not all part of the country have that.
Quote Reply

Prev Next