Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What food is your guilty pleasure? [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
I refuse to have "guilty pleasure" foods. I like food. I like eating. I'm not feeling bad about it.

+ 1
Quote Reply
Re: What food is your guilty pleasure? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
edbikebabe wrote:
I refuse to have "guilty pleasure" foods. I like food. I like eating. I'm not feeling bad about it.

+ 1

I don't necessarily feel bad for eating my guilty pleasure foods, but, I knew if I ate them frequently I would feel like shit, look like shit, and take away from my general happiness. So, even though I feel the craving to eat them more often, I don't. That also makes me appreciate those foods more. Have you never planned a big workout around the fact that you were planning on crushing 10,000 calories afterwards?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: What food is your guilty pleasure? [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chicken and Dumplings. I make it like my mom, and her mom before her. It is the best comfort food around.
Quote Reply
Re: What food is your guilty pleasure? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
softrun wrote:
edbikebabe wrote:

+ 1

I don't necessarily feel bad for eating my guilty pleasure foods, but, I knew if I ate them frequently I would feel like shit, look like shit, and take away from my general happiness. So, even though I feel the craving to eat them more often, I don't. That also makes me appreciate those foods more. Have you never planned a big workout around the fact that you were planning on crushing 10,000 calories afterwards?

Ahhhh - see, you are assuming we're all in "athlete" mode. Currently, I'm in "my pants are a little too tight but it's okay because they still do up" mode. No need for "guilty pleasure" food when everything is fair game.

(but yes - that needs to change soon and then my guilty pleasure foods will be chips, baked goods, cheese and any other high calorie snack)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wife and I love ice cream. Anyone in the upper-mid west knows that the Kwik Trip (the local gas station chain) ice cream is amazing especially at $2.99 for half a gallon.
Quote Reply
Re: What food is your guilty pleasure? [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dunno, I'm not necessarily in athlete mode myself, just in "rage against the dad bod" mode. Trying to stay relatively fit and healthy, not training for something or planning on racing.

If anything, when I'm not working out a lot I am more careful about what I eat, as I know where that extra burger is going and how hard it is to crawl those pounds back when you aren't exercising as much as you would like to. I also don't enjoy those heavy meals as much if I'm not working up a big appetite.

Quote Reply
Re: What food is your guilty pleasure? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boudin.

But finding good boudin outside Louisiana can be difficult, so I stock up when I visit home. If you haven't tried it, you're missing out.

Getting back into the game...
Slower than you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fried chicken. But only when intoxicated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Breakfast burritos. French toast, or donuts.
Quote Reply
Re: What food is your guilty pleasure? [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
Wife and I love ice cream. Anyone in the upper-mid west knows that the Kwik Trip (the local gas station chain) ice cream is amazing especially at $2.99 for half a gallon.

Yup, that's mine as well, love ice cream, used to end almost every workout and ride with ice cream.
Last edited by: 50+: Jun 14, 19 18:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fresh bread.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: What food is your guilty pleasure? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Fresh bread.

My mom always made bread growing up, usually on Saturday mornings. We had one neighbor that just "happened" to stop by when it was fresh out of the oven.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every single thing I eat is going to be the wrong thing according to health experts, the latest scientific studies, and my nutritionally "dialed in" friends. So I eat what I want and flip the birdie to anyone who makes me feel bad about it! (But my all-time favourite is popcorn for dinner on Fridays in front of the TV)
Quote Reply
Re: What food is your guilty pleasure? [Longdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Longdog wrote:
Donner kebab (giro?) with all the salad, garlic and chilli sauce. Just love 'em. Luckily there's no where within a couple of hundred miles to get one, so if I'm away from home and there the chance I grab it.
Sucks to be you.
Must be at least a dozen kebab shops/vans with 5 miles from me, but as Im a kebab connoisseur, there is only one worth going to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
I love pasta and my husband is gluten free. Last night he had plans - but came home first unexpectedly and found me and DD having a glutenfest.

Everyone at works knows I will call Italian if asked what I want to eat.

Worst pizza I ever had in my life was in Rome. But to answer the original question, dark chocolate is my vice. I am an addicted chochoholic and can not resist the dark stuff. No interest in milk chocolate at all. Also have a weakness for vanilla milkshakes, especially the thick creamy ones like McDonald's used to make. I'd go to McD's and only ever a vanilla milkshake.
Quote Reply
Re: What food is your guilty pleasure? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Moonrocket wrote:
I love pasta and my husband is gluten free. Last night he had plans - but came home first unexpectedly and found me and DD having a glutenfest.

Worst pizza I ever had in my life was in Rome. But to answer the original question, dark chocolate is my vice. I am an addicted chochoholic and can not resist the dark stuff. No interest in milk chocolate at all. Also have a weakness for vanilla milkshakes, especially the thick creamy ones like McDonald's used to make. I'd go to McD's and only ever a vanilla milkshake.

You should have gone to Naples.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Moonrocket wrote:

You have to get fries to dip in your milkshake. You are really missing out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sushi. I don’t feel guilty eating it, but paying for it is another story...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cinnamon glazed donuts, and Coney dogs (with detroit chili)

not at the same time.

Not everything is as it seems -Mr. Miyagi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:

Cheeseburgers and fries. I could live on that.

Quote | Reply
Mexican food. All of it.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like me. The worst pizza I ever had was in Florence,and I eat 60% ghiradelli chocolate chips by the bag daily.
Quote Reply
Re: What food is your guilty pleasure? [bpcbuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bpcbuilder wrote:
Sounds like me. The worst pizza I ever had was in Florence,and I eat 60% ghiradelli chocolate chips by the bag daily.

I love this - Its 100% Dark Chocolate. https://pure7chocolate.com/product/100-pure7-dark/

I eat it like candy. I also put a block in my coffee and let it melt. Of course, my coffee is straight black, too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Almond butter and banana sandwiches.
Pizza.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply

Prev Next