Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Comfy Sandals for high arch?
Quote | Reply
Trying to find some good Sandals that won't break the bank for summer. I have a fairly high arch, and therefore don't usually have any luck finding something for the summer.

Any recommendations?
Birkenstock?
Quote Reply
Re: Comfy Sandals for high arch? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
Trying to find some good Sandals that won't break the bank for summer. I have a fairly high arch, and therefore don't usually have any luck finding something for the summer.

Any recommendations?
Birkenstock?
Birkenstock and Chaco.

Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
littlefoot wrote:

Any recommendations?
Birkenstock?

Birkenstock and Chaco.

+1 on Chacos. The arch on their classic/standard/whatever-they-call-it model is really high.

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: Comfy Sandals for high arch? [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+2 for the Chacos. I bought a pair a couple of weeks ago and love them. (I have no arch and love them for the high arch... took a couple weeks to get used to them, should be great for someone with a high arch).

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: Comfy Sandals for high arch? [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
littlefoot wrote:

Any recommendations?
Birkenstock?
Birkenstock and Chaco.
I have both. And I love them both. However, I find myself wearing the Birkenstock’s daily, as opposed to weekly for the chaos.

The Birkenstock’s are much more comfortable, easy to get on, and rather vain, but I think they look better. They’re much more street friendly. I’ll wear them on neighborhood walks, to school or dinner, and out running errands.

If i’m going camping, rafting, hiking, anything active, I’ll wear the chacos, as they’re water-friendly, utilitarian, and still very comfortable.

You can’t make a bad decision, but the best decision is one of each.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+whatever on the Chacos. I've put some heavy mileage on mine and they held up quite nicely.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want some flip flops, check out Olukai.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you get leather Birkenstocks be ready for your feet to ache while you break them in. They are super comfy but I remember the break in period being terrible. Chaco and Olukai would be great options right out of the box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The correct answer to any footwear question is always Crocs.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Comfy Sandals for high arch? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 3 y/o loves his crocs. he has 2 pair.,

I lobbied the purchasing department at my house to buy me some crocs for fathers day. I was unsuccessful, her words were "crocs are cute on the 3 year old, on you... not so much".

I'll probably be getting another pair of Old Navy flip flops when they go on sale for $1.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Comfy Sandals for high arch? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
My 3 y/o loves his crocs. he has 2 pair.,

I lobbied the purchasing department at my house to buy me some crocs for fathers day. I was unsuccessful, her words were "crocs are cute on the 3 year old, on you... not so much".

I'll probably be getting another pair of Old Navy flip flops when they go on sale for $1.

Have you ever looked at all the options that Crocs has? I don't like flip flops but I guarandamntee you that Crocs flip flops are more comfortable than anything at Old Navy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also like chacos. I also have a pair of keens that I love.

Crocs do make flip flops and they are very comfy. Not the most stylish, but I think I like them better than my Hoka recovery slides.

I have been meaning to try both Vionic and OluKai. Looks like I may be on Zappos today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have looked. and yes, they are comfortable.

My wife won't let me touch them....

I mostly use flip flops for camping and on the pool deck. The old navy ones are comfy enough for the amount I wear them

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
I have looked. and yes, they are comfortable.

My wife won't let me touch them....

I mostly use flip flops for camping and on the pool deck. The old navy ones are comfy enough for the amount I wear them

They aren’t any less stylish than old navy ones, which suck for anything that isn’t a public shower.
Quote Reply
Re: Comfy Sandals for high arch? [VagueRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You’re preaching to the converted. Talk to my wife...

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So basically if it has the Crocs name on it, it's unaccetable even though it looks just like most other brands. And far more comfortable.

That's some hot logic.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crocs make my feet sweat
Quote Reply
Re: Comfy Sandals for high arch? [GREG_n_SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hate flip flops. I don't like the thing between my toes. Kinda weird, I know. But it's true.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe if you had bigger feet it wouldn’t bother you as much?

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
So basically if it has the Crocs name on it, it's unaccetable even though it looks just like most other brands. And far more comfortable.

That's some hot logic.

I’ve learned better than to argue. I just accept that old navy flip flops are what I’m getting.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just tell her you bought them at old navy. Wear the olukais or chacos in more public settings. That cheap crap from old navy is bad for your feet. I couldn’t imagine wearing something so flimsy for campsite shoes.

Can your wife still wear heels and such on a regular basis? She might change her tune after a couple bad foot issues. I basically lost my ability to wear any heels after getting Morton’s neuroma. Five years later and my foot goes numb for 24-48 hours after wearing 3 inch heels or wedges for an evening. I even have buy my flats with enough room for a slim insole or gel cushion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every podiatrist that I know - LOVES crocs-- they think they will keep them in business for years to come!!! LOL

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Re: Comfy Sandals for high arch? [VagueRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
VagueRunner wrote:
Just tell her you bought them at old navy. Wear the olukais or chacos in more public settings. That cheap crap from old navy is bad for your feet. I couldn’t imagine wearing something so flimsy for campsite shoes.

Can your wife still wear heels and such on a regular basis? She might change her tune after a couple bad foot issues. I basically lost my ability to wear any heels after getting Morton’s neuroma. Five years later and my foot goes numb for 24-48 hours after wearing 3 inch heels or wedges for an evening. I even have buy my flats with enough room for a slim insole or gel cushion.

My wife has never worn heels, she hates them. Don't even think she wore heels at our wedding... She "could" wear them just fine, but chooses not to.

Honestly, the cheap old navy flip flops are fine, they're pretty much the same as going barefoot. The only reason I wear them camping is so I don't track dirt into the camper and in case of glass or sharp objects on the campground. If I could go barefoot all summer, I would. It's not like I'm hiking the appalacian trail, I'm just camping (which is mostly just sitting around a fire in camp chairs, cooking, drinking beer, and playing with the kids, swimming & boating in the lake).

Favourite Swim Sets:

Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Jun 17, 19 9:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All the more reason to get the crocs. Your feet will be slightly more elevated and there’s a lip so they will be more protected and get less dirty.

https://www.amazon.com/...t-Flip/dp/B0731L81MV

This is what I’m talking about.

As a girl, I fail to see the material different in attractiveness between these and old navy. And I have some red bottomed heels for when the pain is worth it, so it’s not like I don’t care about shoes. Obviously, something like the OluKais or chacos are nicer for being out in public, but it seems like overkill to wear 50+ camp sandals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have super crazy high arches. Olukai for a while but current faves are Ooofos. Have not tried Chacos
Quote Reply