Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What's Your Fathers Day Meal Going to Be? [justcallmejoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had a 60 minute massage. Then went to Fox Bros BBQ and picked up a slab of ribs, some chopped pork, mac n cheese, fried okra, and some stew. Best ribs in the ATL.
Kids got me a glove and we played catch in the yard for a bit. Good day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had Taco Bell on the way home from mountain biking with three of the kids. My daughter's (8y/o) first time out there, and she finished like a champ. Had a really nice time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My father's day dinner was a flat iron steak, over roasted potatoes, and Caesar salad.

Cooked the steak on a cast iron skillet. Real simple. Brought up to high heat (probably left the skillet on the stove for 15 minutes before to make sure that it was the right temp and evenly heated). Left meat on counter to bring to room temp, seasoned and oiled (avocado oil). Two minutes on each side. Then turned heat to low, added butter, garlic and sage and basted for a minute or so on each side. Rest for 10 minutes. Medium rare.

Halved or quartered baby potatoes. Covered with oil and seasoning (various chili peppers, black pepper, paprika). Spread on pan and baked in oven for 20 minutes, then broiled for the last 5. Salted with a hand crushed sea salt once I took out of oven.

Salad was a simple Caesar. But properly done with anchovies (slightly sauteed).

Yes, I made the dinner. Isn't that what dads are supposed to do on Father's day. My view of a good Father's day is breakfast with family, then everyone leaves me alone to do what I want until dinner. I make dinner. The left alone for the rest of the evening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a nice walk through the Driftless region of SW WI - my only food request were tofu waffles - a longtime family favorite. Basicall waffles with tofu for body. And authentic maple syrup 'aged' in burboun barrels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grilled T-bone w/ tater tots (also done in a shallow pan on the grill as it's warming up for the meat, then to the warming rack while the meat is on & then w/ the lid closed when the meat is taken off to rest so it picks up a little more smoke flavor) and fresh chard stir-fried in bacon fat (in a big-ass stainless wok outside on my grill's side burner, which I'm always a little surprised to hear so many guys here say they never use ~ I like mine, since I'm already outside grilling the rest of the meal anyway so I don't have to go back in & out of the house as much, and can splatter shit all over the deck instead of my kitchen).

Ice cream for dessert. Normally not a big sweets guy, but a little once in awhile is still quite good. Bigger treat was rotting in the hammock for about an hour earlier mid-afternoon between a gin & tonic and margarita (told wife I was going out to do, uh, grill prep & stuff...)
Quote Reply

Prev Next