Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pay off principle or invest in stock market? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
. . . and there is no guaranty with stocks.

Well, that depends on the 2020 election. If Trump doesn't win, then "there will be a Market Crash the likes of which has not been seen before!" But if Trump wins, then all will be bliss.

But what am I talking about, it's guaranteed that Trump will win. He says so. So that's as good a guaranty as there be.
Quote Reply
Re: Pay off principle or invest in stock market? [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow I did not expect this type of response. Lots of great discussions and viewpoints.

Going forward my wife and I have discussed and are starting to move forward with some of this.

As of right now we are electing to put off paying towards our mortgage early (at least the next year) and investing that money elsewhere instead.

She will continue to max her 401k while starting to get into investments with Vanguard.

I will fund my Roth IRA with the monthly payments that I just finished with my car while maintaining what I have invest with both Vanguard and Neuberger Breman.

We will revaluate our mortgage payments in a year or 2. Yes the interest we are paying is frustrating, but with a 20% down payment, we have built a fair bit of equity from the start. We fell it would be better to invest in other areas where we can *potentially* see a better return than the 4.25% we have with our mortgage.

Also living in Alaska affords us the PFD which we get each year in October. Check will be anywhere from 1500-3k approx for each of us. We planned to us that money to pay down our principle and build more equity into our house but will decide when we get the checks in October.
Quote Reply

Prev Next