Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2019 WSOP [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I played with this nice woman for the first 5 hours on day 1, and noticed the bracelet she was wearing, she won the seniors tourney in 2012 for over half a million I think. Her husband is Barry Shulman, a very famous and top poker player. Her name is Allyn. We got along great, and the table banter was super fun, so as luck would have it, we were put on the same table today. I just checked and she is now in 5th, her husband in 10th. We joked this morning how would it be if they got heads up, she said no chops, playing hard for that bracelet..I think the hand directly before me where she doubled up on AQ against jacks had me thinking that would be a good hand for me too. Poker is funny sometimes... (-;

Last edited by: monty: Jun 19, 19 16:30
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 WSOP [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the run! Saw you sitting there with 20-30 others @ $220ish & that is a tall mountain to climb.

$500 entry into WSOP....if one has the time and even some skill, better than the lottery & always a great story.

But such a grind.....

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 WSOP [mopdahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks man, it is a grind, but since the whole family is here, it was still like a vacation. Half the time I'm playing, the kids are in bed anyway. And I just had a check on what is happening, and my friend I was just mentioning Allyn, had her aces cracked against kings to be knocked out. She must be crushed to be so far and deep, and had they held, she would have been chip leader.. Now that's poker...
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 WSOP [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
And I played with this nice woman for the first 5 hours on day 1, and noticed the bracelet she was wearing, she won the seniors tourney in 2012 for over half a million I think. Her husband is Barry Shulman, a very famous and top poker player. Her name is Allyn. We got along great, and the table banter was super fun, so as luck would have it, we were put on the same table today. I just checked and she is now in 5th, her husband in 10th. We joked this morning how would it be if they got heads up, she said no chops, playing hard for that bracelet..I think the hand directly before me where she doubled up on AQ against jacks had me thinking that would be a good hand for me too. Poker is funny sometimes... (-;

And that’s why poker “pros” should be making it as fun as possible for the “recreational” players. Great story!
Quote Reply

Prev Next