Prev Next
Re: Ironman Tulsa - sell me on it [greenlawnracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Tulsa - sell me on it [greenlawnracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey greenlawn-

I booked at the Fairmont- right next to the finish line at Guthrie green and gave me a 50%+ military discount! Damn nice of 'em. Thanks for the tip- appreciate it.

You racing?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Tulsa - sell me on it [lanceman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lanceman wrote:
Hey greenlawn-

I booked at the Fairmont- right next to the finish line at Guthrie green and gave me a 50%+ military discount! Damn nice of 'em. Thanks for the tip- appreciate it.

You racing?
Wow, that’s great! Had never heard of such a discount, but it is well deserved.

I am not racing, but will be there for Tulsa Tough.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Tulsa - sell me on it [lanceman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was contemplating IM Tulsa (I live an hour and a half away in Stillwater), waited too long, and it sold out. I need to learn to commit to stuff.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Tulsa - sell me on it [laughable] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
laughable wrote:
Frozen meat company as a sponsor?
Tornado season?
High 80's temperature?
WTC fees to bring the family to Oklahoma?
Transition areas that are 24 miles apart?

Did that work?

#1 is a deal breaker for us. Not throwing stones at meat eaters (we are friends with grass fed beef farmers). But yuck...screw that.

#2 Not afraid of bad weather. I finished IM TX 70.3 in 2019 when there were tornado warnings and the crazy micro burst came through and messed up the race.

# 3 No stranger to hot races

#4 ?

#5 two transition areas that are far apart sucks but not a deal breaker. IM Copenhagen was a pain in the ass to get to the swim start but well worth the hassle as it was a fantastic event

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Tulsa - sell me on it [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
I was contemplating IM Tulsa (I live an hour and a half away in Stillwater), waited too long, and it sold out. I need to learn to commit to stuff.
me too. I'm deferred for Tulsa but was toying with signing up for an early US 70.3. every one is now sold out

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Tulsa - sell me on it [pacco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone NOT taking the race morning shuttle to T1?[/font]

IM Tulsa Athlete Guide in "Race Day Info" states "Shuttles start at 4am at OSU Tulsa on race Morning. You will will drop [/font]off your Personal needs bags off at the IRONMAN Village and get on the Shuttle to head down to T1"

Note sure if the typo "will will" indicates this is mandatory but I'd like options (like getting dropped off IVO Keystone State Park with a friend who can hold onto my race morning white bag). Moreover, hanging out in my wetsuit for ~2 hours prior race start to isn't fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Tulsa - sell me on it [Djschap7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The schedule says "mandatory athlete only shuttle (no race day athlete parking)" but doesn't clarify if drop offs will be allowed. I agree, having a sherpa drop off would be much preferred to a 4 AM shuttle followed by a 2 hour wait. It looks like maybe a mile walk from the park entrance so even if they aren't allowing cars in that may still be a better option than the wait. As far as the wetsuit is concerned, shuttle or no shuttle I'll be waiting to put mine on until it's time to walk to the swim start.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Tulsa - sell me on it [Djschap7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I emailed IM about this as I'll be staying close to the swim start. Here is their response "It is a mandatory shuttle because you are required to drop off your personal needs bags at the IM village and then you will get on the shuttle to head down to T! race morning."

I'm also considering being dropped off at the park entrance and taking the walk to the swim start though.
Last edited by: trainingwheels: May 11, 21 7:26
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Tulsa - sell me on it [trainingwheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the idea of having my sherpa drop me off at the swim but if I have to go drop off my personal needs bags where the shuttles are taking off, I might as well ride one out to the swim. I don't know what traffic will be like around that area with people being dropped off at the shuttles. I also don't know what traffic will be like out at the swim. I remember at Boulder 70.3, they delayed the start of the race because traffic backed up getting into the park where the race was being held. You can't tell me there will not be any spectators at the swim start and T1. So they have to accomodate for spectators at the lake.
Last edited by: DesertTriGuy: May 11, 21 10:05
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Tulsa - sell me on it [pacco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking for some help or suggestions here.

Wife got email to register for athlete check-in, but the time she went to register all Friday spots were taken. We do not get in till late on Thursday. Flights were purchased well before IM let it be known that you would have to register for you check-in times.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Tulsa - sell me on it [J.Thompson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as she has the QR code on her phone, ID and USAT card they will let her in. At Florida 70.3 last month there were no lines and very easy to go through packet pick-up, then you got to choose your time slot to drop off your bike. They never asked or checked the time slot when you went in so I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure she has the QR code, take a screenshot on the phone and save it to pics and she will be good to go.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Tulsa - sell me on it [tri3ba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was our worst case scenario. Unlikely they turn anyone away.
Quote Reply

Prev Next