Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Crank based Power Meter for P3 2018
Quote | Reply
Power Meter for P3 2018
I have a P3 2018 and already use Vector 2 dual pedals, but want to go with a crank based power meters. Lot info around but nothing straight forward.
Use a BBB Bottomfit BBO-72, PF30
Any good experience or upgraded specs.

*Why change the Vector 2....because the right pod always hit the chain, even if I use spacers.
Quote Reply
Re: Crank based Power Meter for P3 2018 [Chernobylv8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This bb is telling me that you are on Shimano crank? So presumably you are considering the new crank too.
Since you have 46mm bb shell I would go for 30mm spindle crank. For around £600 you can get Quark with Sram Red, or P2Max NGeco with Rotor 3D+. Can't say much about Quark, but I can vouch for P2M. I'm on their S model for four years now and it has been flawless. It is/was paired with two generations of Rotor 3D+, very solid and good cranks. Perfect fit for bbright, this setup was on two Cervelos.
Quote Reply
Re: Crank based Power Meter for P3 2018 [1415chris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for power2max. I have the type S and it just works. Best part with p2m is there is no need to preform a zero offset each ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you go with a Quarq, you'll need to go with the carbon option. The Quark DZero AL doesn't clear the frame, if memory serves.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for power2max. I’ve got a 2017 P3. I’m running a power2max NG off the rotor 3d24 crank with the appropriate bottom bracket conversion. It just works, not much more I can say really.
Quote Reply
Re: Crank based Power Meter for P3 2018 [1415chris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1415chris wrote:
This bb is telling me that you are on Shimano crank? So presumably you are considering the new crank too.
Since you have 46mm bb shell I would go for 30mm spindle crank. For around £600 you can get Quark with Sram Red, or P2Max NGeco with Rotor 3D+. Can't say much about Quark, but I can vouch for P2M. I'm on their S model for four years now and it has been flawless. It is/was paired with two generations of Rotor 3D+, very solid and good cranks. Perfect fit for bbright, this setup was on two Cervelos.

You mean this one?
https://power2max.cc/...bb386evo-with-cranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, this one. It is available with couple of different cranks, however Grossamer FSA is the cheapest option.
They may not supply this and other cranks with the spacer sets as they come oryginaly in the boxes.
You would need 11.5mm spacer on drive side for bb-right. Grossamer, Rotor, K Force have longer spindles, can fit 86mm shells.
If there is not much difference in the price, you could source the crank from somewhere else. At least you will get full box set. The other thing you have to consider going this route is spider removal tool. You would need to swap the spiders.
I don't know if buying power meter with the crank from P2M they install it. I'd imagine they do. Worth of checking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Quarq + Ceramic Speed BB that was previously used on a P3 & P5 that I am looking to unload on the cheap. DM me if you are interested.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: Crank based Power Meter for P3 2018 [CyclingClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+ 1 on the Power 2 Max I have one on the Tri bike a 2018 NG paired with Rotor cranks and black oval rings. Same set up on the road bike with the ECO. Flawless operation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a thought....I don't like the Garmin Vectors...I use the Favero now and love them.
I have Pioneer on one bike but the ability to change pedals over very easily makes the Favero's great and very versatile. Not expensive either.
Quote Reply