Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dehumidifier [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
patf wrote:

And even if the AC is removing moisture from the conditioned air, usually the air in basements is not pulled through the heating/AC system. You generally don't mix the basement air with the rest of the house in case you have mold or mildew issues. So basement air might be moister than the rest of the house causing moisture to condense on the cold AC equipment.

What region are you from? Most full basements in Michigan have conditioned air. Can't think of a post 1950's house that did not.

I did this for living during college in the 70's no houses had basements that mixed air with the rest of the house. Basement air was not conditioned.

My current home built 1990 was also built like this. The DIY shows all showed similar systems.

I could see new mega homes with finished basements from the beginning perhaps doing something else, but I suspect most new homes still do not pull air from the basement into the cooling system. Maybe one the people who currently do this for a business can comment. 70's work was in northern Ohio, current living in mid Atlantic states.

HVAC and even home design's are a VERY regional thing.. notice I said Michigan, you then compared to 2 different regions. Have been in Hundreds of homes around lower to mid Michigan, anything relatively new has conditioned air in the basement. Heck my family's houses in Dearborn built in the 50's have conditioned air in the basement (might be modifications to the original layout, but they have it now)

http://bfy.tw/O4r6

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Dehumidifier [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It arrives today
Quote Reply

Prev Next