Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Running shoe survey: what are you using? [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Skechers Razor 3 is the poor man’s 4% for us unsponsored athletes.

Dgconner154 wrote:
ARA18 wrote:
Was looking into the nike Pegasus turbo or 4%, but the price and supposed short durability is stopping me from changing.

Why aren’t PROs on them? I know sponsors but I haven’t seen any using the 4%. Or am I wrong?

Look at the elite field of pretty much any marathon. Probably half of them (both men & women) are wearing the 4%.
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoe survey: what are you using? [ARA18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brooks pure flow 7
no socks needed up to 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ARA18 wrote:
.......Why aren’t PROs on them? I know sponsors but I haven’t seen any using the 4%. Or am I wrong?

Not only are a lot of pro's on these shoes, some elite/pro runners who are sponsored by brands other than Nike are asking their sponsors to allow them to race in the vaporflys and/or negotiating new contracts trying to get a clause that allows them to race in the vaporflys

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New Balance 1500
Snappy, Lightweight, and enough cusioning
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoe survey: what are you using? [ruckustrx11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ruckustrx11 wrote:
Altra Escalante Racer

Pretty minimal shoe but I use it for all distances
Second this shoe... current model Escalante with a mesh top essentially that breaths really well, great cushioning and pretty light. I do all my training mileage in these and find it to be a really great shoe.

I race shorter distance stuff... halfs, 10Ks in the Altra Vanish-Rs.
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoe survey: what are you using? [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scottxs wrote:
IM Races: Reebok Floatride Run Fast

Training: Brooks Ghost but I'm looking for a new brand.

I'm curious why you're looking to replace the Brooks - the Ghost my go-to shoe for road running and the Cascadia is my trail shoe, so I'm wondering if I missing something that's changed.
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoe survey: what are you using? [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or the smart mans 4%. Very similar in feel an nearly CAD$150 cheaper. I've switched to them and think they are great, despite a small amount of hate for them on ST.
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoe survey: what are you using? [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK2ME wrote:

I'm curious why you're looking to replace the Brooks - the Ghost my go-to shoe for road running and the Cascadia is my trail shoe, so I'm wondering if I missing something that's changed.

The only thing, well there have been several changes to the Ghost over the last 2-3 editions and almost every change has been for the better. There is a reason why the Ghost & Adrenaline have been destroying every companies shoes and are the #1 selling shoes in their categories.

3 maybe 4 out of 10 people specifically coming into the store for a Nike will leave in a Nike. 5 of them will leave in the ghost/adrenaline 1 in something else.

I'd say 60-75% of the people coming in looking to replace their neutral or stability shoe leaves in a Ghost or Adrenaline.

Brooks is slaying it (and other companies) right now in speciality running

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Running shoe survey: what are you using? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in the Brooks Launch forever and dont see changing. Do some speed work and shorter races in the Hyperion but marathon in them was a bit much for my fat a$$!

Banger
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoe survey: what are you using? [banger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Newton Distance Elite for Full IM or 70.3
Light and fast

It doesn't get easier, you just get slower
https://mymsracesironman.home.blog/
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoe survey: what are you using? [Kampinou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Train in the Pegasus 35 race in Pegasus turbo all distances.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
on cloudsurfer for halfs an fulls, on cloud racer for sprints and olys:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the risk of being slaughtered here. Never considered buying NEW shoes as in current season shoes. There are no leaps in shoe tech year over year. People ran just as fast a couple of years ago as they are running now. So why waste money on something that will not make you faster.

I wear Asics FF and FF2s, Nike Pegasus 34 and On Cloudflow.
Quote Reply

Prev Next