Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 945 Calorie calc question
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I use the Actiface watch face that displays daily calorie burn and I have it set up to show weekly average per day as well.

I have noticed since I switched to the 945 from the 935 the Calorie counts are wildly off.

Case in point, yesterday I did a 4 hour bike - garmin connect on my iphone said I had burned c3200 Cals. Strava said the activity burned 1800 cals.

The watch said 1300 for the day since midnight. I was using my Tacx trainer and a Wahoo HRM, not sure if the Wahoo was connected to the watch (it was connected to the trainer).

I have physio trueup on. It never caught up the entire day. My average calories per day are around 2990 now (last 7 days) - I trained about 15 hours last week so that number is really low vs actual.

It worked great on the 935 - any settings I need to adjust? I think it odd that Connect gets it right and the watch gets it wrong.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 945 Calorie calc question [Animalmom2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Firstbeat takes a few weeks to calibrate. I don't think it transfers through Connect, to the point that when I factory reset my 935 it needed to re-learn. Potentially this also translates to calories?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 945 Calorie calc question [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duncan74 wrote:
Firstbeat takes a few weeks to calibrate. I don't think it transfers through Connect, to the point that when I factory reset my 935 it needed to re-learn. Potentially this also translates to calories?

Thanks - it my be that.

Another thing I noticed, they touted V02 Max now takes temperature into account (or I’m pretty sure they did) but I got the typical drop of 4-5 spots when the Hong Kong weather turned hot and humid - this combined with all time training peaks fitness high for me. I mean not a big deal but somewhat disappointing.

You then get the message that your fitness is getting worse on First Beat while Training peaks is telling you it’s improving (and I know it is).

luckily when I get to Whistler in mid June my V02 Max will miraculously recover.
Quote Reply