Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best gravel bike [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cookiebuilder wrote:
that one i posted above is around 3800 dollars, oh guess a bit more when i upgrade the stem and the seat post.
That picture is extremely misleading:
1.It has Di2 with an RX RD. You ain't getting Di2 for $3,800, you're getting mechanical Ultegra. Add $700 for Di2.
2. It has some fairly nice Mavic wheels. Again, you're not getting that at $3,800, you're getting cheap-o OEM Visions. Price isn't listed for the Mavics, figure $300-$400 additional.
3. It has the Ti seatpost and stem, as you rightly point out you're not getting that, you're getting cheap-o FSA stuff. Add $420 for both.

You're looking at something like ~$5,400 at least as shown. Still a very good deal for what you're getting, don't get me wrong. I guess the frame, saddle and tires in the picture are correct, lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cookiebuilder wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:
Lynskey titanium.

I keep going back to these, with the titanium seat post and titanium bar clamp, they just look cool. and the price is great. and they fit the big 2.1 tires if needed. any down sides anyone can think of on these? i never would have thought of a titanium bike before yesterday.

looks good.. the only downside I see it weight (compared to an u.p.p.e.r).. and that sloping TT is a little much on the bike in the picture.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok updated in the original post I bought a exploro.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great choice, I love mine! I think it’s the best bike I’ve ever owned, so versatile.
Quote Reply
Re: Best gravel bike [Tifosi01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No cannondale topstone love?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cookiebuilder wrote:

nice looking ride.. and wholly seat drop. I started with 7 and now I'm at 5cm and I like it. I'm gonna add a dropper soon for the descents.
Quote Reply
Re: Best gravel bike [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know tons of drop! maybe i'll turn the stem around and go up a bit. i did notice my back was feeling tightish about 2.5 hours in. Such a fun purchase!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pics? Build?
Quote Reply
Re: Best gravel bike [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
Cookiebuilder wrote:

nice looking ride.. and wholly seat drop. I started with 7 and now I'm at 5cm and I like it. I'm gonna add a dropper soon for the descents.

Is there a dropper that works with the Exploro? I thought the D-shaped seat post meant it wasn’t comparable with any dropper posts.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Best gravel bike [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
spntrxi wrote:
Cookiebuilder wrote:

Is there a dropper that works with the Exploro? I thought the D-shaped seat post meant it wasn’t comparable with any dropper posts.

sorry I meant I was adding a dropper to my gravel bike (not a 3T)...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cookiebuilder wrote:

After watching this thread, my drooling over the Lynskey was put into shove. Ordered it Friday. Looks like we are both getting bikes. :). I got the frame set, not an entire bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Best gravel bike [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Up on top I detailed it out, I need to add more pics.
Quote Reply

Prev Next