Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I took one of them thar personality tests....
Quote | Reply
Here’s the gist of the results....

Quote:
How does your mind work?
You have a highly creative and imaginative way of thinking and you often see connections that others do not. You are uninterested in the dull facts of a situation, preferring instead to interpret its meaning and implications. You have unusual ideas and sometimes perceive things that other people are not aware of. You are easily absorbed by fantasy and enjoy envisioning alternate realities as well as possibilities for the future.

You are a critical thinker and often analyze how things (and people) around you could be improved. You are keenly aware of the ways in which others disappoint you, and you often think about ways in which you can gain the upper hand. You are not afraid to point out what is wrong in the world, and your thoughts are blunt and unsparing in their judgment.

What a load of bullshit!

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: I took one of them thar personality tests.... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those online personality tests are rubbish. After 50 questions, the one I took just spit out: "ERROR: No Personality found."

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Last edited by: MOP_Mike: Jun 7, 19 17:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Quote:
How does your mind work?
You have a highly creative and imaginative way of thinking and you often see connections that others do not. You are uninterested in the dull facts of a situation, preferring instead to interpret its meaning and implications. You have unusual ideas and sometimes perceive things that other people are not aware of. You are easily absorbed by fantasy and enjoy envisioning alternate realities as well as possibilities for the future.

You are a critical thinker and often analyze how things (and people) around you could be improved. You are keenly aware of the ways in which others disappoint you, and you often think about ways in which you can gain the upper hand. You are not afraid to point out what is wrong in the world, and your thoughts are blunt and unsparing in their judgment.

What a load of bullshit!

i think this whole post of yours is a back door brag ;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are uninterested in facts of a situation, preferring instead to interpret its meaning and implications. ..You are easily absorbed by fantasy and enjoy envisioning alternate realities...

You are a critic...and often analyze how things (and people) around you could be improved. You..disappoint you, and you often think about ways in which you can gain the upper hand. You are not afraid to point out what is wrong in the world, and your thoughts are blunt and unsparing in their judgment.

It's reasonably close...
Quote Reply
Re: I took one of them thar personality tests.... [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
was it online and free? if so post the link, we can all take it and see how fucked up we are compared to each other.
or...it's a complete scam and we'll all get the same comment you got.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: I took one of them thar personality tests.... [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
was it online and free? if so post the link, we can all take it and see how fucked up we are compared to each other.

https://www.truity.com/...big-five-personality

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
O: 77%
C: 67
E: 31
A: 67
N: 35

See? I'm open, conscientious, and agreeable. And if you don't agree you can eff off!! :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This kind of test merely reveals how you perceive yourself, not necessarily how you actually are or how others perceive you. Yes, mostly bullshit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
How does your mind work?

You tend to spend a lot of time thinking about the needs and experiences of others. As a highly empathetic person, you feel others’ emotions almost as strongly as your own, and as such, the experiences of others occupy an important place in your mind. Your thoughts often revolve around how you might be more helpful to others, or how you can better understand what they are going through

Empathetic Idealist >> Analytical Thinker > Practical Caretaker >>> Logical Mechanic

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Jun 8, 19 5:03
Quote Reply
Re: I took one of them thar personality tests.... [mop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mop wrote:
This kind of test merely reveals how you perceive yourself, not necessarily how you actually are or how others perceive you. Yes, mostly bullshit.

How other people perceive me is none of my business.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Quote:
How does your mind work?

What a load of bullshit!

here's my analysis:

"You have a highly creative and imaginative way of thinking and you often see connections that others do not. You are uninterested in the dull facts of a situation, preferring instead to interpret its meaning and implications. You have unusual ideas and sometimes perceive things that other people are not aware of. You are easily absorbed by fantasy and enjoy envisioning alternate realities as well as possibilities for the future.
You are preoccupied with goal-setting and achievement and most of your thoughts revolve around planning and completing tasks. You are a structured, orderly thinker, and rarely waste time on unproductive daydreaming."

Maybe we are clones?

Not everything is as it seems -Mr. Miyagi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

if they are defining fantasy as flying dragons and warlocks type stuff, i have zero interest in that.
i'm very interested in the facts of a situation.
why are we wasting our time with this shit???

thanks for wasting my time ya asshat!

;-)

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: I took one of them thar personality tests.... [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
O: 82
C: 87.5
E: 50
A: 62.5
N: 17

EMPATHIC IDEALIST
Uses insight and creativity to help others. Thinks about how the world could be a better and more beautiful place.

ANALYTICAL THINKER
Solves logical problems with rational, complex analysis. Thinks about innovative ways to improve systems.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Madduck wrote:

https://www.truity.com/...big-five-personality

I can't speak for that site, but the big 5 personality traits are one of the most researched personality tools available. I find the Enneagram is more helpful for understanding yourself.
Quote Reply
Re: I took one of them thar personality tests.... [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Openness: 65%
Conscienciousness: 44%
Extraversion: 44%
Agreeableness: 25%
Neuroticism: 46%

Pretty much true --->

You value personal accomplishment and advancement, and want to get ahead. You do not expect help from anyone, and instead put the onus on yourself to attain what you want in life. Because you feel people are responsible for their own needs, you are usually unwilling to spend time or energy helping others. You value competence, self-sufficiency, and a ruthless pursuit of one’s own interests.

You value a mix of tradition and innovation. You are usually content to do things the conventional way, until it stops working, at which time you are happy to explore novel approaches. Politically, you are probably moderate, appreciating leaders who are neither pie-in-the-sky idealists nor slaves to tradition. You are not interested in impractical flights of fancy, but you do see a place for new ideas that may improve the way we live.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome to Scientology.

Your meeting with Tom Cruise will be scheduled shortly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this like those Facebook quizzes: You and all of your friends are in the top 98% of best people on the planet. The 2% you are missing seems to be an understanding of statistics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys realize this is just getting training data for the AI that is going to replace you right?
Quote Reply