Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Here is Ironman's F-1 (IPO filing). Who would like to decode? [lschaan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was not meaning anyone specific. But typically blame will be put on someone.

When I was the marketing director of Litespeed (ABG) an advertisement was proposed by an ad agency with a possum that had been run over by a bicycle tire and the tag line "too fast". I said that we should not use anything along those lines as it was in bad taste. The owners laughed about me and called me too liberal, and then gave that ad the go ahead.

When the shit hit the fan with angry letters from animal rights concerned folks the owners blamed me and pointed fingers at me.

lschaan wrote:
Herbert wrote:
The question is - will someone or a few folks get fired?

Not who you think, but yes! Any institutional portfolio manager or analyst who bought this SHOULD get fired, and at least a few will. There's a chance the cap markets group at underwriting banks feel some heat, but we don't really know what was going on behind the scenes there. There's a chance WANDA insisted on going ahead against underwriter advice. An IPO like this certainly isn't good for their overall business though.

As of others have said, with 1bln+ of debt and negative working capital, there really could be no floor to this one. At a certain point the option value may be worth it though. May spend some time really reading and analyzing offering documents at some point and share my humble thoughts.
Quote Reply
Re: Here is Ironman's F-1 (IPO filing). Who would like to decode? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Price went up this morning...ugh

You have your chance sub $4 again! Honestly, I don't have a strong view at this price but would caution you to size any investment appropriately. This very easily could be a double here, sure, but you're buying a highly levered foreign owned company with very limited disclosure as far as I can tell. A 0 is certainly not out of the question as you're behind ~1.1bln of debt and negative working capital.
Quote Reply
Re: Here is Ironman's F-1 (IPO filing). Who would like to decode? [lschaan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lschaan wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
Price went up this morning...ugh

You have your chance sub $4 again! Honestly, I don't have a strong view at this price but would caution you to size any investment appropriately. This very easily could be a double here, sure, but you're buying a highly levered foreign owned company with very limited disclosure as far as I can tell. A 0 is certainly not out of the question as you're behind ~1.1bln of debt and negative working capital.

It's found it's float point. I want it a little cheaper, but I have my order in if she decides to take a dip here at any time.
Quote Reply
Re: Here is Ironman's F-1 (IPO filing). Who would like to decode? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you pull the trigger now that its been under 4 for five days?
Quote Reply
Re: Here is Ironman's F-1 (IPO filing). Who would like to decode? [Camdyetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I went to Australia last week, so I've been waiting. Saw it finished under $4 today, but it had climbed over 4 during mid-day trading. My target price point though is between $3.25 and $3.75.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Here is Ironman's F-1 (IPO filing). Who would like to decode? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just buy now and avg down every .25 it drops. I think I’m going to do this but I’m capping it at 5000 shares
Quote Reply
Re: Here is Ironman's F-1 (IPO filing). Who would like to decode? [Camdyetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you pull the trigger now that its been under 4 for five days? //

Not yet, I have been waiting for mid to low 3's. Like I said, I was hoping for a big market correction day, and this stock will tag on the slide of that. As you can see, the market rallied hugely today, and yet this poodle just basically sat there. So if all that upwards pressure is not pulling it up, then most likely some heavy downward pressure will drop it like a newbie on the Wednesday ride!!

But as the last poster said, may be a good time to just start averaging in, pulling your purchase price down with each significant drop.. It shows a 570 million market cap, but you have to add about a billion to that because of the debt. So it really is not as undervalued as it might appear. But is definitely way below their purchase price of the assets, this was a really bad move to go public here in the US at this time. But perhaps we will get to be the benefactors of that down the road....

I did put some money in the market today though from my 100% cash position. I shorted the S&P and bought a few Pennie stocks that might benefit from some of Trumps actions...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I bought some today at 3.62, will see if that is a starting point to leverage down, or pick spots up from here. I'm assuming I will be leveraging down a bit, hopefully not much lower than 3...

Who owns Ironman, I do....
Quote Reply
Re: Here is Ironman's F-1 (IPO filing). Who would like to decode? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's down 7 cents from that, my buy order is in at a bit lower though. I might need to move some money to grab some more amazon if this slide continues.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
So I bought some today at 3.62, will see if that is a starting point to leverage down, or pick spots up from here. I'm assuming I will be leveraging down a bit, hopefully not much lower than 3...

Who owns Ironman, I do....
I'm eating into my WSG funds by leveraging down on a "few" others. I'm happy to do so...but isn't my first choice. LOL

I'm just missing my buy-in...but i'm close.
Quote Reply
Re: Here is Ironman's F-1 (IPO filing). Who would like to decode? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Price is up good today after analysts came out bullish on them this morning

Wanda Sports Group Co. -- a global sports marketing firm and event promoter -- has nabbed the interest of Wall Street bulls, suggesting it could be the next tech and media darling, and further indicating the growth in investor demand for Chinese stocks.

American depository receipts in the Beijing-based company rose as much as 8.4%, the most on record, in New York Wednesday as at least three investment banks initiated the stock with buy-equivalent ratings. Deutsche Bank began its bullish call by setting a Street-high target price of $11, adding that the company is “well positioned for growth" in a “highly fragmented industry offering substantial organic and inorganic growth opportunities."

Wanda Sports, which owns the organizer of the Ironman triathlon race, began trading on the Nasdaq in late July. While the company has lost more than half of its market value since its debut, Morgan Stanley sees the company as a "distinctive asset at [a] distressed valuation."

The fast-growing global sports industry has Morgan Stanley optimistic, and Wanda Sports’ portfolio of mass participation and spectator events worldwide “are relatively resilient amid macro uncertainties." The firm began coverage of the stock with an overweight rating and $8 target.

Joining in the bullish sentiment, Citigroup also set a buy rating for Wanda Sports, which is a unit of Chinese conglomerate Dalian Wanda Group Co. Citigroup, Deutsche Bank and Morgan Stanley led the company’s initial public offering.
Quote Reply
Re: Here is Ironman's F-1 (IPO filing). Who would like to decode? [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya we were talking about this in the other thread, up huge yesterday on huge volume, and up 14 cents in the first hour of trading today on more huge volume. It has done an average day of volume in the first hour, so somebody is buying this sucker...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dang... $1.25 over my target price right now...wth.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dang... $1.25 over my target price right now...wth. //

Ha, I just hit my target sell price, sold it at 4.76. So in just a few days I paid for a full Kona entry and all the craft beer I can drink there!!! This was not my plan, but it went up so fast from the mid 3's, that I just got this feeling that I will be back in at some point below 4 again. If not, well I guess I watch it go to the moon without me....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, kind of wish I had my buy order a little higher considering the jump, could have made some coin. Oh Well.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Dang... $1.25 over my target price right now...wth. //

Ha, I just hit my target sell price, sold it at 4.76. So in just a few days I paid for a full Kona entry and all the craft beer I can drink there!!! This was not my plan, but it went up so fast from the mid 3's, that I just got this feeling that I will be back in at some point below 4 again. If not, well I guess I watch it go to the moon without me....
One thing I've learned in life: rarely does the van leave without the life of the party...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Dang... $1.25 over my target price right now...wth.
Currently looking at $5.07 and up 14+%...not a bad day. Problem is, this is 100% inflated by the backer banks having a write up on it's launch. Perfect time for people to get a cash grab (cash out), and then see what it does. I imagine the backers want a $6/share tag...and that's the goal for this push. But once it hits, I'd bet you see a quick drop as everyone is trying to get their initial investment $$ out of it. (just my guess)
Quote Reply

Prev Next