Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

More anti-abortion idiocy...
Quote | Reply
Seems like pubs are doing their best to lose in 2020.

One of few things I don’t mind the government spending money on is medical research. At the same time this serves as a lesson that the government can give and it can take away, including medical research and healthcare.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...ientists/?redirect=1

Quote:
U.S. President Donald Trump’s administration is ending fetal-tissue research by government scientists and placing restrictions on academic researchers seeking grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) for studies involving fetal tissue.

So fucking stupid.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: More anti-abortion idiocy... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This particular issue seems to swing with the POTUS election every cycle. IIRC, Dubya did the same thing, reversed by Obama, probably happened with H-Dubya and Clinton.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: More anti-abortion idiocy... [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just think that fetal tissue research has no impact on the number of abortions.

And what’s the alternative for the mater? Incineration or “burial”.

Might as well do something useful with the stuff.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, the problem is figuring out the time of Ensoulment. Can't go putting organs to use if they've been blessed by a soul at one time or another. That wouldn't be right.

Except for adult organ donation from dead born person tissue, which is generally accepted as a good thing, so, who fucking knows what will satisfy these people.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Jun 6, 19 13:52
Quote Reply
Re: More anti-abortion idiocy... [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Well, the problem is figuring out the time of Ensoulment. Can't go putting organs to use if they've been blessed by a soul at one time or another. That wouldn't be right.

Except for adult organ donation from dead born person tissue, which is generally accepted as a good thing, so, who fucking knows what will satisfy these people.

US medical research policies shouldn’t play second fiddle to the belief in ghosts.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
sphere wrote:

US medical research policies shouldn’t play second fiddle to the belief in ghosts.

Then you’re game for no moral policies for scientific research? How about human animal hybrids? Growing a brain from stem cells?

Or are you only for basing policies on whatever you’ve used to define your morals?
Quote Reply
Re: More anti-abortion idiocy... [jmcconne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmcconne wrote:
Duffy wrote:
sphere wrote:

Then you’re game for no moral policies for scientific research? How about human animal hybrids? Growing a brain from stem cells?

Or are you only for basing policies on whatever you’ve used to define your morals?

I don’t need to fear a magic sky wizard to live a moral life.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I don’t need to fear a magic sky wizard to live a moral life.

Sure, you come up with your morals based on whatever experiences you have. Influenced by family, friends, environment etc. All unique to you.

So do you believe your unique morals should have any impact on scientific policies? We have the ability to splice DNA, so would you be OK with human/animal hybrids? Scientifically, this is a perfectly legit direction to go. We can learn how to cure diseases, improve overall health, strength etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Meanwhile, millions of embryos are created in fertility clinics and are tossed away like garbage.
Quote Reply
Re: More anti-abortion idiocy... [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
Meanwhile, millions of embryos are created in fertility clinics and are tossed away like garbage.

Yeah, that too. Idiots.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply