Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: tucker carlson takes a brave stand [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
BLeP wrote:
j p o wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
I used to have a set that were colour coded. metric was red and imperial was black, or vice versa, I forget. They went missing long ago... Doesn't change the fact that you still have to buy either 2 sets of tools or one bigger more expensive set of tools.

and don't get me started on screw heads. I have about 30 different screwdrivers. Everything should just be Robertson heads.

Is that one of the communist/Canadian things? Oh shit, I just looked it up and he WAS a communist/Canadian. :)

Do those all come in the same size or do I need 14 different square drivers just to make it more fun?

There's at least 4 sizes to keep things fun.

of course, the sizes start at 0, 1 isn't the smallest. but 90% of the time you just need the red one.

False. It starts at 00.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: tucker carlson takes a brave stand [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
BLeP wrote:
j p o wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
I used to have a set that were colour coded. metric was red and imperial was black, or vice versa, I forget. They went missing long ago... Doesn't change the fact that you still have to buy either 2 sets of tools or one bigger more expensive set of tools.

and don't get me started on screw heads. I have about 30 different screwdrivers. Everything should just be Robertson heads.

Is that one of the communist/Canadian things? Oh shit, I just looked it up and he WAS a communist/Canadian. :)

Do those all come in the same size or do I need 14 different square drivers just to make it more fun?

There's at least 4 sizes to keep things fun.

of course, the sizes start at 0, 1 isn't the smallest. but 90% of the time you just need the red one.

False. It starts at 00.

true. because that makes total sense....

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: tucker carlson takes a brave stand [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
...and then his defenders play the "look, it's satire" card.

How dare you imply Duffy defends right wing conservatives!

How many ways can I say this segment is a failure?

You guys are fucking retarded.

touched a nerve?

It’s just that your idiotic brain dead binary thinking that can’t seem to fathom the concept of both Tucker failing at being funny (and being an annoying asshole generally) and that the OP got snookered hook line and sinker couldn’t possibly occupy the same brain space has gotten old and tired.

In your rigid, closed and uncurious mind a dispassionate analysis of someone you dislike must be support or defense of that person.

If I don’t signal my virtue by expressing the proper amount hate it has to mean I love.

In your mind there’s only those two options.

Like I said, old and tired.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: tucker carlson takes a brave stand [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

touched a nerve?

It’s just that your idiotic brain dead binary thinking that can’t seem to fathom the concept of both Tucker failing at being funny (and being an annoying asshole generally) and that the OP got snookered hook line and sinker couldn’t possibly occupy the same brain space has gotten old and tired.

In your rigid, closed and uncurious mind a dispassionate analysis of someone you dislike must be support or defense of that person.

If I don’t signal my virtue by expressing the proper amount hate it has to mean I love.

I'll take that as a "yes."
Quote Reply
Re: tucker carlson takes a brave stand [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
BLeP wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
BLeP wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

I'll be the American...

What the fuck is a Robertson head?

the square ones.

I almost called you a fucktard for being such an ignoramus, but then I thought better of it, because I'm a polite Canadian, you know....

I know what a Robertson is you Canucktard.

Then why the fuck did you ask? Fucking Upper Canadians....

He was taking one for us ignorant Americans . . . so we wouldn't HAVE to ask.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: tucker carlson takes a brave stand [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

touched a nerve?

I don’t suffer fools gladly.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

touched a nerve?

I don’t suffer fools gladly.

Of course. That explains your ridiculous over-reaction.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not exactly sure what to call this. Its this weird quazi-satire, political theater thing they are doing. Its closer to pro-wrestling than it is to satire, you know where it's fake but its not fake (but its actually fake.....but actually not fake). I'd throw in a dash of mockery and a dose of passive aggression.

Tucker isn't mocking the host, but they are both quazi-mocking something.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: tucker carlson takes a brave stand [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a feeling a lot of the pundits don't believe any of the stuff they are saying. There is a lot of money to be made playing the act. There may even be a few Andy Kaufmans that just enjoy fooling people.
Quote Reply
Re: tucker carlson takes a brave stand [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
I'm not exactly sure what to call this. Its this weird quazi-satire, political theater thing they are doing. Its closer to pro-wrestling than it is to satire, you know where it's fake but its not fake (but its actually fake.....but actually not fake). I'd throw in a dash of mockery and a dose of passive aggression.

Tucker isn't mocking the host, but they are both quazi-mocking something.

Yeah, that’s why it’s a failure.

To your last point, upon further reflection I think you’re assessment is right.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Satire works when the target audience gets it.

When someone like Colbert gets satirical about climate change, his target audience gets it.

In this case, I'd say maybe 30% of the target audience would "get it" if it was satire.

I'm from the Rip Van Winkle state. We said "we don kneed no edumacashion!". People out in the hollers (or hollars) out here don't care for quick change much at all.

So, satire upon those folks watching Fox news in those hollers is going to fall far short of the target.
Quote Reply
Re: tucker carlson takes a brave stand [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
I always measure my run pace in furlongs per fortnight.

Pretty certain this is Carlson being "funny". Such as it is.

I've got nothing against the metric system or the imperial system. I just hate the mixed crap we have now. It is such a pain in the ass when you are working on something and digging through unsorted sockets. And trying to decide if the 9/16 socket is good enough for the 15 mm nut.

Just buy adjustable wrenches and you'll be fine. You'll only need two - one standard and one metric.
Quote Reply
Re: tucker carlson takes a brave stand [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Satire works when the target audience gets it.

When someone like Colbert gets satirical about climate change, his target audience gets it.

In this case, I'd say maybe 30% of the target audience would "get it" if it was satire.

I'm from the Rip Van Winkle state. We said "we don kneed no edumacashion!". People out in the hollers (or hollars) out here don't care for quick change much at all.

So, satire upon those folks watching Fox news in those hollers is going to fall far short of the target.

You implying that other people are to stupid to get it (with zero evidence pulling the 30% out of your ass) is absurd. So much so I see it as satire.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PS: brain washed morons also watch the other cable news outlets.

My suggestion? Turn your tv off.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: tucker carlson takes a brave stand [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
I have a feeling a lot of the pundits don't believe any of the stuff they are saying. There is a lot of money to be made playing the act. There may even be a few Andy Kaufmans that just enjoy fooling people.

absolutely - in the same vein, the bill o'reillys and ann coulters are almost pure characters. i almost (almost) feel sad for someone like coulter who's locked into her schtick, and doesn't have too many plays left beyond further escalation. she doesn't have a whole lot of options in terms of really thoughtful analysis or policy clout, and isn't exactly going to be a visiting lecturer at the kennedy school or something, so . . . she has to trundle out the old act and try to crank it one notch higher.

as usual, the onion said it better than i did, and earlier too:
https://entertainment.theonion.com/...o-shock-p-1819565904

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You think Tucker was serious? //

Of course not, but then again I don't think he is ever serious, but he pretends to be all the time...What matters I suppose is that his viewers think he is, I suppose that is the joke he is playing..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
You think Tucker was serious? Sigh.

Everyone knows you don't take Tucker seriously. But you need to take him literally.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: tucker carlson takes a brave stand [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
You think Tucker was serious? //

Of course not, but then again I don't think he is ever serious, but he pretends to be all the time...What matters I suppose is that his viewers think he is, I suppose that is the joke he is playing..

And we got another who thinks his audience doesn’t get it with no evidence to back it up.

You know who we know didn’t get it?

IronMike.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly, it reminds me kind of the AOC unhinged critics thread.

About 5% of the thread was about AOC while the rest was a kind of collaborative joy in complaining about something in a mocking manner. If someone can figure out how to make a conservative theme park, they could make a fortune.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: tucker carlson takes a brave stand [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Just buy adjustable wrenches and you'll be fine. You'll only need two - one standard and one metric."

I do believe this merits a cordial 'well done'.
Quote Reply

Prev Next