Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Go to Iceland or, Not-to Go To Iceland
Quote | Reply
A friend called a friend about a trip of a lifetime to Iceland. The friend's proposal was simple - fly to Reykjavik and run the Solstice half marathon on June 20th, then travel the country for 5 days. The friend who he called is not able to run, but, with the chance of a lifetime trip a possibility, he is seriously considering the trip. However, the friend called is self-employed and has another trip of a lifetime planned with his family in July/August for two weeks. The runner's friend is in a predicament. Does he throw caution to the wind and take the trip (with the upside that is will benefit his business) or, does he be more prudent and save the money for his family trip and a piece of equipment for his business?

Just axsking for a freind.
Quote Reply
Re: Go to Iceland or, Not-to Go To Iceland [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GO TO ICELAND!!! I went with friends 2 years ago. It's spectacular. We trail ran one of the 60k trails(I can't spell it) and stayed in the huts along the way.

Do it, have fun and don't look back:).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go. Do Reykjavik for a day or two, drink beer in the park with the locals on Friday, hit the pool and waterside after the race , then get out of town for a few days. Pack plenty of trail mix because the food is sad unless you like candy because the selection is pretty damn good.

Quote | Reply
Go!

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't call it a trip of a lifetime. But definitely go. Five days should be enough, but one of the coolest places I've been.

And while the gas station hot dogs, as well as those at that one stand in Reykjavik, are some of the best, you also have to try hakarl.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go. It’s a cool place to visit. The Hot Dogs are awesome.
https://www.funiceland.is/...g-stands-in-iceland/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't believe you're even asking. Just GO.

Ten years from now will you look back and say "boy I'm sure glad I bought that one piece of equipment in 2019 instead of 2020. Remember that equipment? Those sure were the days!"

As a self employed person, I get the draw of continually working or not feeling like you can splurge on non-work related things. But this sounds like a fantastic trip, and you should go and have fun, and enjoy the memories for a life time.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go and leave your wife at home.

The Icelandic ladies are hot and have a much different attitude about nookie than the uptight americans.

Or bring the wife...

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Go to Iceland or, Not-to Go To Iceland [travelgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelgirl wrote:
Go. It’s a cool place to visit. The Hot Dogs are awesome.
https://www.funiceland.is/...g-stands-in-iceland/

I need a bigger draw than hot dogs.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Go to Iceland or, Not-to Go To Iceland [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I need a bigger draw than hot dogs.

I thought the same thing ... until I ate a few of those hot dogs in Reykjavik.

Great country, great people (apart from them defaulting on the national debt a few years back). There are pools everywhere for swimming, great roads for riding, and good running paths in the city. And some really great hiking once you get outside of Reykjavik. Probably some good trail running, too, but I only did a very little bit of that in the big park around an observatory in the capital.

<The Dew Abides>
Quote Reply