Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wes Hobson on life now, that CLIF Bar ad, draft legal racing and much more
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Wes Hobson on life now, that CLIF Bar ad, draft legal racing and much more [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, it IS one of the best commecials for anything, ever !

And I'm with him 100% that draft-legal ITU has largely become a swim - wheel suck - run event. (Bermuda being a bit of an exception with a stiffer bike course, and the 1-off event at Kitzbuhel about 5 or 6 years ago, and maybe Leeds as AB +JB designed the course to reduce the wheel suckers chances, PROVIDING the leadin cyclists are willing to go hard).
Last edited by: BobAjobb: Jun 5, 19 14:34
Quote Reply
Re: Wes Hobson on life now, that CLIF Bar ad, draft legal racing and much more [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THAT CLIF BAR AD!!! Epic.

I remember watching everything I could from Endurance Films & Wes when I first started into triathlon.
He was pretty much the only online triathlon resource I could find along with the TrainingBible.

Great interview, thank you Slowtwitch & Wes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good stuff about a good man.

Jimmy
http://www.Riccitello.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good stuff. Now if we can get an update interview on Kenny Souza--another from the same era.
Quote Reply
Re: Wes Hobson on life now, that CLIF Bar ad, draft legal racing and much more [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh FFS, we could have done without plugs for essential oils. Tarnishes an otherwise good bloke and article.
Quote Reply
Re: Wes Hobson on life now, that CLIF Bar ad, draft legal racing and much more [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Oh FFS, we could have done without plugs for essential oils. Tarnishes an otherwise good bloke and article.

Ahhh bugger off. Dude has earned the right to pimp whatever he wants.

Great interview of a solid guy. Takes me back to college and watching/reading about him and other looking to make the first US team
Quote Reply
Re: Wes Hobson on life now, that CLIF Bar ad, draft legal racing and much more [davejustdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like I said good bloke and good article. If it was a plug for real estate I wouldn't have had a blink, but surely multi level marketing of essential oil shite has no place.
Quote Reply
Re: Wes Hobson on life now, that CLIF Bar ad, draft legal racing and much more [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

doTERRA on st homepage? that is pretty bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I reached out to him as I see that ad over and over again, and I asked him questions - that he answered.

Sorry he works for brands you don't care for. I for one don't care.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are plenty of things I dont care for and would never comment about, but multi level marketing crosses lines. I do not care for pyramid schemes.

And I really liked the rest of everything else as well as his contribution to triathlon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

great stuff i never knew who the guy in the add was .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great story, we need more of these 80’scand 90’s heroes like brad kearns, andy carlson, chucky v, cameron widoff, ray browning and lots of others.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Wes Hobson on life now, that CLIF Bar ad, draft legal racing and much more [JimmyRiccitello] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1, had good fortune of meeting and chatting with him at Cleveland Tri back in '97. Glad he is doing well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good post. This is why we keep coming back to ST.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Wes Hobson on life now, that CLIF Bar ad, draft legal racing and much more [davejustdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davejustdave wrote:
turdburgler wrote:

Ahhh bugger off. Dude has earned the right to pimp whatever he wants.

Great interview of a solid guy. Takes me back to college and watching/reading about him and other looking to make the first US team

I mean, I'm kind of with the turd guy on this one... just an awkward way to throw it out there. Great commercial though, had never seen it before...
Quote Reply