Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What was your worst jobs [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read once somewhere that Shania Twain did that work too in N. Ontario. Have you ever gone back to see how the trees are progressing?

Thank You for doing that work!!!
Quote Reply
Re: What was your worst jobs [BIKE3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've always wondered how they are doing, but in reality I couldn't find them again if I tried. The planting sites were always a 30 minute drive down a maze of logging roads that all look the same. If you're going to do it, then do it BC where you can only plant half as fast but get paid 3.5x more. :)
Quote Reply
Re: What was your worst jobs [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was probably Door to Door solar panel salesman for a corrupt home energy company. I worked 8 hours per day plus combined work with study. I'm glad that now I'm a freelancer and set my own schedules. I work in one of the co-working spaces here spacie.ca. I like working into a more socially open co-working environment where I can meet new interesting people.
Last edited by: WilliG: Jun 14, 19 2:08
Quote Reply
Re: What was your worst jobs [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
De-tasseling corn. A seed corn company was a big employer where I grew up in Wisconsin and they hired HS student in the summer months to de-tassel corn plants so they could create new corn varieties or keep existing varieties from cross pollinating with other varieties.

Walking down a head high row of corn is no fun. It was very humid, muddy work and the corn leaves are sharp edged so you have to wear long sleeve shirts, hats and neck protectors or face serious infections from all the cuts that would cover exposed areas.

We would meet at the school, get into old school buses and head out to some remote corn field at dawn, work until 11, eat a packed lunch and finish when the field was complete, usually around 5-6 PM. It was a long, hard day of work.

I worked that job for about a month, until I had enough money for the summer, and they I quit and headed down to VA to spend the rest of the summer with relatives.
Quote Reply

Prev Next