Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Advice on where to swim bike and run in San Diego
Quote | Reply
Hi!

I will be in San Diego all next week for work, and am looking for some advice on where to train. I will be in the Gaslamp area.

Any advice for good pools that open early 5am/6am and usually have open lanes?
Is Harbor drive a good route for cycling? Anyone have a good route to go around the bay?
As far as running I can figure that one out, but am open to suggestions!

Thank you so much!
Quote Reply
Re: Advice on where to swim bike and run in San Diego [connan23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fiesta Island can get pretty monotonous, but you can go forever without stopping.

Silver strand on Coronado is the bike leg for a couple of races down here. Nice and flat without many lights.

If you want to go a little north. A cruise up pacific coast hwy from La Jolla all the way up to Oceanside is a fun ride.

as far as pools, I usually swim at 24 hour fitness or open water near fiesta island.

Hope this helps some!
Last edited by: ruckustrx11: Jun 5, 19 14:17
Quote Reply
Re: Advice on where to swim bike and run in San Diego [connan23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbor drive is pretty bad pavement. But it's the best path to get to the bike path that wraps around the south side of the bay and up to Coronado. You can then take the ferry back to downtown or turn around and ride all the way back. Unfortunately downtown isnt the best place to start a ride.

The other bike suggestion I would have is to go out to cabrillo national monument. At the 2nd gate, they'll charge you to enter ($10), but you can just turn around there.

For running, just go to Balboa park or head straight to the bay. The bay has a nice path that's great for running regardless of if you go north or south.
Quote Reply