Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saddle soreness
Quote | Reply
Having some saddle soreness and need help to locate the Real problem.

Was fitted last year to my P3. The fit felt great and the saddle too. The fitter used one of those saddle pressure things and all felt and looked good on the Pro Aerofuel saddle. But after some time I started getting some soreness in my upper inner right thigh (at the edge of my perineum) I made the conclusion that the saddle might have been a bit too wide.
I then bought a Specialized TTS saddle, since its nose is about 5 mm more narrow Than the aero fuel. It felt great at first, but then again after 20-30 km (same as the aerofuel) i start getting Uncomfortable.
This winter i bought a Tri tone saddle. Wider yes. But with no nose i thought it might help.
But still the same soreness right side. And at saturdays race 1000m/50k/10k i was unfortable the last 25 km and the first 5k of bike run was crap due to cramps in my left back thigh..

My thoughts:
Either I havnt found the right saddle yet

Or

Maybe my bibs are too loose and are causing the soreness. (Note: at the race i wore a tight speed suit in the right size, but still wrong saddle? Havnt tried the Aerofuel/speed suit combo)

Any thoughts on what I Can do diffetent?
Last edited by: Buchreitz: Jun 4, 19 1:02
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle soreness [Buchreitz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buchreitz wrote:
Having some saddle soreness and need help to locate the Real problem.

Was fitted last year to my P3. The fit felt great and the saddle too. The fitter used one of those saddle pressure things and all felt and looked good on the Pro Aerofuel saddle. But after some time I started getting some soreness in my upper inner right thigh (at the edge of my perineum) I made the conclusion that the saddle might have been a bit too wide.
I then bought a Specialized TTS saddle, since its nose is about 5 mm more narrow Than the aero fuel. It felt great at first, but then again after 20-30 km (same as the aerofuel) i start getting Uncomfortable.
This winter i bought a Tri tone saddle. Wider yes. But with no nose i thought it might help.
But still the same soreness right side. And at saturdays race 1000m/50k/10k i was unfortable the last 25 km and the first 5k of bike run was crap due to cramps in my left back thigh..

My thoughts:
Either I havnt found the right saddle yet

Or

Maybe my bibs are too loose and are causing the soreness. (Note: at the race i wore a tight speed suit in the right size, but still wrong saddle? Havnt tried the Aerofuel/speed suit combo)

Any thoughts on what I Can do diffetent?

I bet 99% your seat is too high and you're going to have all these problem with every saddle you get on. Roughtly speaking you should be able to ride just fine on a speedo on any saddle provided it is the right width for your body type as long as the saddle is low enough.

Drop your saddle by 1 cm and you will lose zero power. Your hips will stop rocking and you will have less overall pressure on the saddle (it will be on your pedals)....probably your power goes up. Watch the pro tour riders in grand tours and you will see how much lower their saddles are than the average saddle height in any tri. They know how to survive 3 weeks of 4-6 hrs per day in the saddle. Most people on bike tours have also figured that out. Your fitter likely did not yet.

Dev
Quote Reply