Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Disc Rotor Injury
Quote | Reply
Just saw this on the ‘Gram, looks pretty nasty, I’m sure that would keep you out of competition for a couple weeks at least! Not sure it is actually a rotor, but hard to think what else would cause that injury!

https://www.instagram.com/...?igshid=fm4wwfffysyh

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Quote Reply
Re: Disc Rotor Injury [Leavitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that, but think of all of the other ways a bike can injure a person. Should we do away with chainrings? Clincher tyres busting and rolling off a rim on a descent? No more descending?

Nasty injury for sure and it was likely a rotor, but crashes have and always will be dangerous.
Quote Reply
Re: Disc Rotor Injury [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a friend of mine was mountain biking a few years ago and crashed on a descent, somehow the chainring cut into her calf, she ended with 3 layers of stitches in her calf. Nasty cut.

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
I saw that, but think of all of the other ways a bike can injure a person. Should we do away with chainrings? Clincher tyres busting and rolling off a rim on a descent? No more descending?

Nasty injury for sure and it was likely a rotor, but crashes have and always will be dangerous.

Yup, so it use to be 101 ways a bike can injure you.....now it’s just 102 ways.

I cored my thigh in a MTB race years back when I went over and landed on the bars......and where the bar plug apparently fell out. Should we have solid bars?
Quote Reply
Re: Disc Rotor Injury [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is another thought. How many crashes and injuries can disc brakes prevent? My MTB, Gravel bike and road bike all are disc. Keep them off my tri bike though thank you very much!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Here is another thought. How many crashes and injuries can disc brakes prevent? My MTB, Gravel bike and road bike all are disc. Keep them off my tri bike though thank you very much!

The Sunweb rig looks pretty sharp, though!

Quote Reply
Re: Disc Rotor Injury [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes it does and his position looks great as well. I still don't want disc brakes on my TT rig
Quote Reply