Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Movie Review : Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Quote | Reply
I grew up on monster movies, from King Kong to Godzilla. However, decent CGI can't make you forget this movie sucks. Maybe if it was 30 minutes shorter, maybe if there was a half decent script, maybe if there was some campy moments. It just didn't deliver anything. I saw this Saturday night in a theater that was 10% full. I expect to find this movie on video next week. What a shame, the description didn't deliver anything worth remembering;

"The crypto-zoological agency Monarch faces off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan, and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah."

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review : Godzilla: King of the Monsters [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assuming that you watched the same ads for it that I watched... how did you arrive at the point of "I want to spend money on this because there is a chance that it won't be a steaming turd"?

Because when I saw the ads, all I thought was... this is going to be a steaming turd.

Anyway, thanks for confirming the steam on the turd I guess.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When my brother and I were kids, at our insistence, our parents took us to all the original b/w Godzilla movies in the early 60's at the drive in. Its amazing what parents will do for their kids.
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review : Godzilla: King of the Monsters [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
When my brother and I were kids, at our insistence, our parents took us to all the original b/w Godzilla movies in the early 60's at the drive in. Its amazing what parents will do for their kids.

I have been watching those with my 10 and 8 year old boys lately, in anticipation of this new Godzilla movie. None of them were great theater, but as a kid I loved them. My boys love them too. And all I see are complaints that there is too much focus on the humans and not enough monster fighting. Did these people ever watch the original movies. In Godzilla vs Megalon it was damn near 3/4 of the way through the movie before the monsters threw down. Not counting that stupid Jet Jaguar...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm gonna see it anyway. the thing that frightened the living jesus out of me, as a kid, was his roar. or whatever you call that sound. i hope they did that well in the movie. i should have that as my ring tone.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review : Godzilla: King of the Monsters [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Assuming that you watched the same ads for it that I watched... how did you arrive at the point of "I want to spend money on this because there is a chance that it won't be a steaming turd"?

Because when I saw the ads, all I thought was... this is going to be a steaming turd.

You never really know what you're going to get. Kong Island was enjoyable and the last Godzilla with Matthew Broderick was also fun.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review : Godzilla: King of the Monsters [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw it on Saturday and thought it was fun. I mean hell, it had Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan and of course Ghidorah in it. I had a good time watching it but going in I wasn't expecting it to be Oscar worthy. It is what it is. Stoked to see Godzilla vs Kong next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

You never really know what you're going to get. Kong Island was enjoyable and the last Godzilla with Matthew Broderick was also fun.

I saw it. It wasn't great cinema and some of the story was ridiculous. But it was a monster movie that featured a giant radiation dinosaur-lizard thing, a magical'ish moth, a volcano pteradon thingy, and an outer space 3 headed dragon guy. I don't have much disbelief left. It was just a decent summer movie. It could have been better and I won't go around quoting lines from it, but it was a good evening.

And I would put it well ahead of Kong Island and the Matthew Broderick versions.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review : Godzilla: King of the Monsters [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually thought the ads made the movie look epically cool, but I've learned the hard way not to be fooled by that.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply