Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New P3 Owner- what should I modify?
Quote | Reply
Just got a new P3 Di2. Help me clean it up.

Where should I stick the junction box?

What should I do with that bottom (below water bottle) screw?

Can you run any 25mm tires on this bike?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: New P3 Owner- what should I modify? [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume your battery is in the seatpost? I am amazed Cervelo still sell some bikes with an external battery.

Relocate the di2 Junction box to under the saddle, attach to the seat rails with two small zip ties. Really easy job and this is the ideal position for it, easy to access when needed to charge, but out of sight there and therefore more aero.

rethread the rear brake cable into the top tube through the hole located just behind the stem, rather than using the hole in the side of the top tube.

Use Tririg brakes, especially on the front, makes the front brake cable way tidier.
Quote Reply
Re: New P3 Owner- what should I modify? [chgrubb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes battery is in the seat post. So how do you get cables out of the seat post and to the box under the seat?

and great tips, thank you.. Assume braking is still great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any photos would help so I can show my shop mechanic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chgrubb wrote:
Use Tririg brakes, especially on the front, makes the front brake cable way tidier.

I have Tririg brake on both front and back. I love them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chgrubb wrote:
rethread the rear brake cable into the top tube through the hole located just behind the stem, rather than using the hole in the side of the top tube.

It's a shame this cable is still there. Did you have some success doing this? I heard it made the cable a bit stiff. Is there a knack to it.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
here's a nice P3.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zippy303 wrote:
Just got a new P3 Di2. Help me clean it up.

Where should I stick the junction box?

What should I do with that bottom (below water bottle) screw?

Can you run any 25mm tires on this bike?

Thanks.

Check out the bottom bracket box I sell for the P3. https://custombikexcessories.com/...-bracket-storage-box It does take over the 2 screws on the down tube too.

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: New P3 Owner- what should I modify? [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So the idea of running the right rear break through the cutout behind the stem, how do you get the cable down and around this inside the bike:
Picture here:

and does anyone know if they make a di2 junction box that will fit in that cut out behind the stem, seems like an obvious place? can you shave the box down so it slides in?

Lastly I dont see how to get the junction box behind the seat as there are no ways for the wires to go into the seat post without drilling it a hole somewhere. Am I missing something?
Last edited by: Zippy303: Jun 3, 19 14:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry can you get a skinny junction box? Its close but hesitant to shave it down.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
easiest way to route the brake cable is to pull the fork out, push cable in from the rear stop then route up from underneath the front stop box.
The only way you would fit the junction box in there is to remove the case, which would be a bad idea given that you sweat directly over that location.
Out the top of the seatpost requires drilling - the carbon at the top (in the bottom of the 10mm sliding rail section) is really thing so it's easy to do
Quote Reply
Re: New P3 Owner- what should I modify? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Do you have any photos?
Quote Reply