Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Official Fuji Transonic Owners Thread
Quote | Reply
I have a Fuji Transonic with Flo 30 wheels and Di2. It's a 2.X which is the heavier version of the frame. I use it as a road bike. Limited success with clip on tri bars for sprints/olys.

Performance Bike doesn't seem to be carrying them at this time. Yet, I noticed that a LBS stopped carrying Specialized and started carrying Fuji, specifically Fuji Transonic, on the floor.

What I like is price point, easy to maintain, they're aero and a geometry which makes them similar to other high end bikes in responsiveness. Two former pro riders who did maintenance on the bike expressed surprise at how well the bike rode.

The Transonic seems to be holding price rather well. Maybe because they are scarcer; yet, if the bike wasn't worthwhile that could also be a reason for the price to drop even further.

A downside of being a Fuji Transonic owner is wondering how incrementally better a Specialized, BMC, Trek, Giant, etc. might be. Beyond that, I think the bike is acceptable for 80% of those riding road bikes. With my skill set, I have to remind myself that I'm in that 80% and a Specialied Venge is not going to put me in the A group while a the new Roubaix might only make me more comfortable in the B/C group.

Who else has a Fuji Transonic as one of their bikes? The future of the bike? Is there some love or are you ready to move on?

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fuji Transonic Owners Thread [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2.5 that I mostly use for faster group rides and the occasional crit. I've had it for about 2.5 years and have always enjoyed riding it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fuji Transonic Owners Thread [adamga1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking this will be my next road bike. I have a Fuji Norcom Tri bike and it's outstanding. So, might as well stick with the same brand. My wife also has a Norcom and loves it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fuji Transonic Owners Thread [phoenixR34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love my Transonic! Comfortable, fast, affordable. I don't think Fuji gets enough credit. Looking around for a Norcom for TTs.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Fuji Transonic Owners Thread [rides4beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good pic. Like the way the FUJI jumps out.

Read a review that said that on the top tube it might have better if the word "Transonic" stood out more that the model 2.X or 1.X. I would agree with the reviewer.

You mention fast. Seeing this thread from Coggan helped me around the time that I was getting mine.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...20transonic#p5451240

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last August, I replaced my Fuji Altamira with a new Trek Madone. Yeah, the Altamira was older, but still... the ride quality on the Altamira not even comes close to the Madone (same wheels/tires) despite both bikes being "climbing" bikes. The Madone is incredibly more stiff and yet somehow butter smooth compliant. I test rode the Fuji SL. Still a "dead" feeling in comparison to the Madone.

Totally not bashing Fuji, they offer a fantastic detail. But if were you, I would totally test ride the "bigger" brands. Sure can't hurt. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fuji Transonic Owners Thread [Porfirio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I've been wondering about too. I have a set of Ultegra mech components that could go back on the Fuji if/when I find a better frame/bike. Thanks for sharing your experience.

How was the Madone for downhill and bike handling? My skills are not what they were and those priorities are gaining in importance. For example, I fell more comfortable with the sluggish Oval wheels that came with the bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
That's what I've been wondering about too. I have a set of Ultegra mech components that could go back on the Fuji if/when I find a better frame/bike. Thanks for sharing your experience.

How was the Madone for downhill and bike handling? My skills are not what they were and those priorities are gaining in importance. For example, I fell more comfortable with the sluggish Oval wheels that came with the bike.

Downhill equally much better (control and confidence-wise) and faster due to a beefier feel upfront. The power transfer in general is much better and noticable. IMO, this transfers into overall faster rides. I replaced the Ovals w/Flo 30s and, again, huge improvement in stiffness. (The Ovals, w/the same tires/pressure seems to hop w/the slightest bump in the road.) Bike handling, e.g., responsiveness, again IMO, is better w/the Madone. Clearly quicker acceleration.

My TT (also a Trek) is as ridgit as they come. But w/the pricley cost of a harsh ride. You don't feel that harshness in the Maodne.

Try other bikes out (not just Trek). You may/may not find that the Transonic is the best fit for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2017 Fuji Transonic Two.1, first road bike in a long time for me and I enjoy riding it.

Last edited by: epkostka: Jun 3, 19 17:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve always liked that bike. Anyone know when the new one coming out? I thought it was supposed to follow and be based on Supreme? Seems to have kind of vanished from their catalog.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fuji Transonic Owners Thread [Dolfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dolfan wrote:
I’ve always liked that bike. Anyone know when the new one coming out? I thought it was supposed to follow and be based on Supreme? Seems to have kind of vanished from their catalog.

I think you're right about them moving onto a newer version and then ...

Hard to find even a Transonic. Just googled today and hit this with mech Ultegra for $1599.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/...kaAk-lEALw_wcB#specs

Before the silence, I had a chance to buy a new frame with BB, seat post, headset, fork on Craigslist for $500. Kind of wish that I had because I had the spare parts/wheels to have another complete Transonic in a different color. Didn't know that PB wouldn't be there in 2019.

Quote Reply