Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Shapiro intellect in action [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with you... but his timeline smacks of someone that is really smart and driven entering in at a very young age and challenging himself in a way he had probably never been... given his past he seemed like he was top dog scholastically until he hit HLS. I am sure there were aspects of that curriculum that were novel and he wasn't the best at like he probably had been in his academic endeavors to that point and he distinguished himself to a lesser degree and probably significantly improved on some things that may not have been his strong suit in the course of his education. Obviously during his journey he discovered law was not his passion... I know you didn't write it but it was intimated that he was somehow on par intellectually with AOC based on that clip. I wholeheartedly disagree. "She graduated cum laude from Boston University's College of Arts and Sciences in 2011, majoring in international relations and economics." I think her undergrad cum laude doesn't come close to Shapiro's academic record and accomplishments.
Last edited by: NormM: Jun 4, 19 5:13
Quote Reply
Re: The Shapiro intellect in action [PrinceMax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PrinceMax wrote:
j p o wrote:
PrinceMax wrote:
Yep, graduated cum laude from Harvard Law. What an idiot!

You could not possibly have missed around 2000 posts about whether or not Ocasio-Cortez is stupid even though she graduated BU cum laude.
Undergrad BU ain't Harvard Law.

No it isn't. But if you (collective you, no idea if you personally even posted in that thread but almost everyone there dismissed it as meaningless) are going to argue in one instance that graduating with honors in one case is not useful evidence at all of being smart it is pretty disingenuous to use the exact same argument in the opposite way in another.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: The Shapiro intellect in action [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with much of what you wrote (minus the speculation about his experience with the curriculum at Harvard - could be true, I just have no idea whether it is).

Frankly, I don't know a tremendous amount about either Shapiro or AOC. I'm familiar with the outlines of both of their stories, I hear about the gaffes that they are both prone to making and that their respective detractors love to perseverate on, but that's about it. I'm sure as hell not diving into a 'whose got a higher IQ' morass - that way madness lies ;) But on paper I'd agree Shapiro's academic credentials look better.

<<Obviously during his journey he discovered law was not his passion>>

That made me laugh, btw. Probably an indication that I've become way too jaded, but I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of lawyers I know who could honestly say law is their passion.
Quote Reply
Re: The Shapiro intellect in action [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
PrinceMax wrote:
j p o wrote:
PrinceMax wrote:
Yep, graduated cum laude from Harvard Law. What an idiot!

You could not possibly have missed around 2000 posts about whether or not Ocasio-Cortez is stupid even though she graduated BU cum laude.
Undergrad BU ain't Harvard Law.

No it isn't. But if you (collective you, no idea if you personally even posted in that thread but almost everyone there dismissed it as meaningless) are going to argue in one instance that graduating with honors in one case is not useful evidence at all of being smart it is pretty disingenuous to use the exact same argument in the opposite way in another.

No it’s not. If Shapiro graduated undergrad at BU with a cum loudly that would be disingenuous. But Shapiro graduated cum loudly from HLS.

Those things, as you yourself stipulated are not at all the same thing. Not even close.

So he’s not using the “exact same argument” at all.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: The Shapiro intellect in action [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

He is, but you're too stupid to explain it to, so I'm not going to bother.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: The Shapiro intellect in action [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

He is, but you're too stupid to explain it to, so I'm not going to bother.

Harvard Law is the same as BU undergrad?

Okie Dokie.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next