Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Testing Pre-Owned Ultegra Di2 6770 Derailleurs - Question [SOLVED - Thanks]
Quote | Reply
All - I received a Ultegra Di2 FD-6770 and RD-6770 recently and was wondering if it's possible to "test" for functionality? I don't want to use them or sell them unless I know they work properly. I have researched online but can't find anything specific.

I have 11s Di2 on my Tri bike and I am fairly certain 10s and 11s Di2 don't play well in the sandbox, so I can test that route.

Any advice is appreciated.
Last edited by: rustynuts: Jun 3, 19 7:15
Quote Reply
Re: Testing Pre-Owned Ultegra Di2 6770 Derailleurs - Question [rustynuts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Find a friend or a local LBS that has one of those groupsets and plug yours in. See if it at least moves- if it does it probably works fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Testing Pre-Owned Ultegra Di2 6770 Derailleurs - Question [rustynuts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rustynuts wrote:
All - I received a Ultegra Di2 FD-6770 and RD-6770 recently and was wondering if it's possible to "test" for functionality? I don't want to use them or sell them unless I know they work properly. I have researched online but can't find anything specific.

I have 11s Di2 on my Tri bike and I am fairly certain 10s and 11s Di2 don't play well in the sandbox, so I can test that route.

Any advice is appreciated.

Plug them into your 11 speed they should work fine. E-TUBE 10 speed vs 11:speed is differentiated by the derailleurs not the shifters. I run 6870 derailleurs with 6770 brifters. The only no go is mixing front and rear 6770 and 6870 derailleurs due to Shimano programming it out in a firmware update.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bought some unpackaged replacement brake levers (in case) for $100 and then wondered, do they work??? Was told by the local bike shop that you have to plug them in to see if they work with the entire system. I don't know how hard or easy that is to do, as I haven't tried it yet. I'm a real wuss in this way and only necessity makes me any better.

Please let us know how it goes for you.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Testing Pre-Owned Ultegra Di2 6770 Derailleurs - Question [Solved] [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update: I plugged them in to my 11s system, let them charge up for a bit, and tested them. They work just fine. Thanks for the advice everyone.
Quote Reply