Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help! Di2 will not shift front derailleur
Quote | Reply
Hi, I managed to completely drain my battery on my bike shifters to the point that they would not shift. Charged the battery, green lights, bike computer says 100% but now my front derailleur will not shift off the little ring. The rear will go up and down, front derailleur will trim a bit but will not shift. All software is up to date. Any ideas on how to fix? Thanks. Oh, and I have a race next weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Help! Di2 will not shift front derailleur [MarinNeve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you run it through all 11 cogs in the back?
Quote Reply
Re: Help! Di2 will not shift front derailleur [Chris B.O.B.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, multiple times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you check for whether it slipped into either Syncroshift 1 or Synchroshift 2? The blinking lights? If that’s something new to you, what I’m referring to is if you double tap the mode button on the junction box the led lights will blink: 1 blink means fully manual, 2 blinks for Synchro 1 or 3 blinks for Synchro 2.

Other than that I’m not sure what else to do. If you’re getting the trim function then it’s connected, charged, and working.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s in synchro 3. I had it in synchronized option prior to all this. Not sure which one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What types of shifters are on your bike? Are they newer one-button triathlon style or are they two button triathlon or road shifters? If it’s one button shifting and the system slipped into fully manual mode (LED’s blink once) then it’s all working but you don’t have a button to shift the front and you’ll would need to set the system to Synchro 2 (LED blink 3x) to get it to work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, two button tri shifters.

Not sure what happened but all is good now. I didn’t do anything after my last post last night. This morning went out to switch my pedals to road bike and got on tri bike (on trainer) to try one last time. Everything working as it did prior to dead battery, battery charge, and last night debacle. Maybe system was still stuck on the dropped front shifting mode from battery being low even though battery was fully changed and reset itself overnight ?

Anyhow. Thank you for all your support. Wish me luck on my morning ride. Hopefully all is good!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had this happen on my Slice last year. Took it to the LBS and they plugged it in and it showed that the unit couldn't see the front shifter at all. They took off the bottom junction box under the BB and it was full of water (well, piss actually but i didn't tell them that). They replaced this and all was good. Never a problem since, and i've learned to take more care with on bike pissing :)
Quote Reply