Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Goggles so cheap - Too good to be true website
Quote | Reply
Has anyone shop from this website?
Simple Google search pulled up this website, but I'm a bit hesitant to give my credit card info.

https://www.hi2waves.com/...ch&s=aqua+sphere
Quote Reply
Re: Goggles so cheap - Too good to be true website [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
Simple Google search pulled up this website, but I'm a bit hesitant to give my credit card info.

A Google search on the address provided on their "Contact Us" page shows it's also a Fried Dumpling shop in NYC's Chinatown.

So there's that.
Quote Reply
Re: Goggles so cheap - Too good to be true website [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
s13tx wrote:

A Google search on the address provided on their "Contact Us" page shows it's also a Fried Dumpling shop in NYC's Chinatown.

So there's that.

I missed that. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Goggles so cheap - Too good to be true website [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One positive take away is that dumpling shop is great and cheap as hell. It is always packed around lunch time with cops and court employees lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
s13tx wrote:

So there's that.

I missed that. Thanks!

Their dumplings are cheap, too! And, Yelp give's em 3.5 stars.
Quote Reply
Re: Goggles so cheap - Too good to be true website [Boz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm always on the lookout for a good dumpling shop. Next time I'm in NYC I'll have to check them out.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Goggles so cheap - Too good to be true website [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will warn you the place is a bit sketchy lol (thus the reason my family calls it the "Sketchy Dumpling Shop"), but then again a lot of places in Chinatown are. It's still good though.
Quote Reply
Re: Goggles so cheap - Too good to be true website [cdoug55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How sketchy?

There was a Vietnamese restaurant around here that had about 30 or 40 pieces of raw chicken defrosting outside the back of the shop on a board which was perched on top of their green bins (composting). Photos were circulating on FB. Owner apparently claimed that the chicken was for personal use.

Apparently their food was good. Never ate there though..

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Goggles so cheap - Too good to be true website [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a real hole-in-the-wall type place. Im not sure I'd say sketchy, but you're definitely not getting the best quality filling in those dumplings. Tasty great though! I'm partial to Vanessa's Dumplings though.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don't like the goggles or the dumplings there; consider buying a book from their other website: https://booktiz.com/

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
How sketchy?

There was a Vietnamese restaurant around here that had about 30 or 40 pieces of raw chicken defrosting outside the back of the shop on a board which was perched on top of their green bins (composting). Photos were circulating on FB. Owner apparently claimed that the chicken was for personal use.

Apparently their food was good. Never ate there though..

Quote Reply
Re: Goggles so cheap - Too good to be true website [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gmh39 wrote:
It's a real hole-in-the-wall type place. Im not sure I'd say sketchy, but you're definitely not getting the best quality filling in those dumplings. Tasty great though! I'm partial to Vanessa's Dumplings though.

Exactly, sketchy in like Roscoe is a weird side street and the place is a hole in the wall. On a side note Hop Kee (which is 21 Mott Street just at the top of Roscoe and down stairs not the upstairs cafe) is a great restaurant.
Quote Reply