Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is It Racist and Sexist? May 31, 2019 Edition [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
H- wrote:
DJRed wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:
I'm shocked that an old white guy made those statements. Shocked.

Korean Jeongeun Lee won.

Hank Haney accepts everyone's apologies.

Actually, the scoreboard during the telecast referred to her as Jeongeun Lee6. The six is because she was the sixth Jeogeun Lee on the Korean LPGA. Commentators mentioned that she has fondly adopted the "six" moniker, using it as a nickname.

Personally, I'm not racist in this case. I think Korean women are hot and I like them. Why are there no pics in this thread?

Where to begin...

1.) Thinking women are hot is sexist.
2.) Wanting pics of hot women is even more sexist.
3.) Expressing dislike of women's sports is unacceptably sexist.
4.) Mentioning a race -- especially the representation of any race -- is racist.
5.) Claiming you're not racist because of a sexual attraction to another race is racist.
6.) Using token members of a race to back your racist assertions is racist.
7.) We didn't even need all this. Look in the mirror. You are racist and sexist.

But, other than that, he's good?
Quote Reply
Re: Is It Racist and Sexist? May 31, 2019 Edition [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
SH wrote:
H- wrote:
DJRed wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:

Korean Jeongeun Lee won.

Actually, the scoreboard during the telecast referred to her as Jeongeun Lee6. The six is because she was the sixth Jeogeun Lee on the Korean LPGA. Commentators mentioned that she has fondly adopted the "six" moniker, using it as a nickname.

Personally, I'm not racist in this case. I think Korean women are hot and I like them. Why are there no pics in this thread?

Where to begin...

1.) Thinking women are hot is sexist.
2.) Wanting pics of hot women is even more sexist.
3.) Expressing dislike of women's sports is unacceptably sexist.
4.) Mentioning a race -- especially the representation of any race -- is racist.
5.) Claiming you're not racist because of a sexual attraction to another race is racist.
6.) Using token members of a race to back your racist assertions is racist.
7.) We didn't even need all this. Look in the mirror. You are racist and sexist.

But, other than that, he's good?

Only if he's in the LBQTCGBHRW community. Otherwise, he needs to be separated from his currrent income stream as soon as possible.

Edit: What am I talking about? Just separate him from his income stream, period.
Last edited by: SH: Jun 3, 19 6:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:

Korean Jeongeun Lee won.

Ha! Of course that happened.

Reminds me of my time in primary care, when a woman of a certain age came in complaining of every last classic symptom of menopause, textbook case. When I suggested that these may be symptoms of menopause, she went ballistic. "How dare you suggest such a thing!?!" Of course, it was menopause, and she acknowledged it on a subsequent visit but maintained that I shouldn't have suggested it because it's insulting or a sensitive subject or whatever.

Some truths just can't be spoken, was the takeaway, I guess. Like a Lee winning a LPGA event.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Is It Racist and Sexist? May 31, 2019 Edition [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Is It Racist and Sexist? May 31, 2019 Edition [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
JSA wrote:
When he said "Korean" did he mean a citizen of Korea or of Korean descent? Because if he meant a citizen of Korea, it isn't racist any more than saying "I don't think an American will win Iroman anytime soon."

If he meant to include those of Korean descent, is it racist to point out the fact that the top female golfers are of Korean descent? It does not identify a stereotypical trait associated with a race of people. It states a fact because on current stats.

Is this racist -

"Hey Bob, who's the best soccer player in the world?"
"I dunno, but, I bet he is Portuguese."

What would absolutely be racist is -

"Hey Bob, who's going to win the watermelon eating contest?"
"I dunno, but, I bet he is black."

(NOTE: This example is from an EEOC training video). In that case the speaker is perpetuating a stereotypical trait associated with a race of people. THAT is what a racist comment looks like.

Honest question: if somebody says "the winner of the Ironman will be white", why is it racist? Isn't it just stating a fact? No hatred for white or black person was expressed. Couldn't the statement "the best player is Portuguese" then be interpreted as nationalistic?

It depends. Context matters. If someone is knowledgeable of Ironman, follows the sport, knows the top of the field is all white, and makes that comment, it is merely stating a fact. If some dope who doesn't follow the sport makes that claim because of the stereotype that African-Americans cannot swim, then it is racist.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leave it to Snowflake News to just not let it go. Just because you say something was racist and hurtful doesn't mean it actually was. Internet rag.
Quote Reply
Re: Is It Racist and Sexist? May 31, 2019 Edition [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait. Her name is Lee6, not just Lee? Is that a thing in Korea?

Edit: Ah. I see.

Quote:
Lee6, who prefers to go by "Six," uses the number at the end of her last name because she was the sixth player named Jeongeun Lee in the history of the KLPGA.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Jun 3, 19 9:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
Leave it to Snowflake News to just not let it go. Just because you say something was racist and hurtful doesn't mean it actually was. Internet rag.

Are you calling in Hammerin' Hank a snowflake for doubling down?
Quote Reply
Re: Is It Racist and Sexist? May 31, 2019 Edition [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
ripple wrote:

No, I'm calling out Yahoo! for incessant perpetration of a continually offended mindset. They've gone so far beyond PC they're just plain wrong. This piece is a perfect example.

At worst, Hank may have been stereotyping which in and of itself is not necessarily racist. Rather than assume he's a clueless moron, we'd probably figure he has some inkling of the makeup of the LPGA tour, and his comments were off-the-cuff observation. As many have pointed out, his comment is pretty well backed by statistics and results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:
ripple wrote:

No, I'm calling out Yahoo! for incessant perpetration of a continually offended mindset. They've gone so far beyond PC they're just plain wrong. This piece is a perfect example.

At worst, Hank may have been stereotyping which in and of itself is not necessarily racist. Rather than assume he's a clueless moron, we'd probably figure he has some inkling of the makeup of the LPGA tour, and his comments were off-the-cuff observation. As many have pointed out, his comment is pretty well backed by statistics and results.

I think the official charge would be blasphemy against the progressive religion.

The Yahoo author -- Ben Weinrib -- labeled it a "hurtful" remark. Now that may sound like too easy of a bar to get over. Good thing, then, that we only apply "hurtful" to the sensibilities of the progressive religion.

Tiger Woods said "you just can't look at life like that". I don't think any Pope ever said it better.
Quote Reply

Prev Next