Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Earbuds with internal storage
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have an accurate list of truly wireless earbuds with internal storage (4GB)? I'll be using them while running so sweat resistance and durability generally is important, as is size. I want internal storage as I don't run with my phone. Please don't reply to tell me I should run in my head and listen to my body, my body is old and sounds awful.

I have previously used the Bragi Dash pro and they're very cool but too fiddly and too expensive. I think the other candidates are the Jabra Elite Sport (but I'm not 100% sure because they don't list the feature on their website!) and the Samsung Icon Xs (I have an iphone so if it's the "ecosystem" that makes people like these I'll struggle). Are there others? This is seriously hard to google.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: Earbuds with internal storage [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jabra Elite Sport does not have internal storage
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the bragi, well still do, but then the charger broke and rendered them useless.

I’m going to get a garmin 945 to listen to music on runs now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bretom wrote:
Please don't tell me I should run in my head and listen to my body; my body is old and sounds awful.

THAT's a signature waiting to happen

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Earbuds with internal storage [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apple Watch , Apple Music and any wireless headphones
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The earbuds with internal storage market is so limited. The only set available in Aus, that I could find, are the Sony Walkman ugly as sin wrap around the head type. I decided to go with the Mighty Vibe v2, paired with my JayBirds buds. The Mighty is tiny and clips to the waist of my shorts. I load playlists or podcasts from Spotify and I'm set. Until I can find something like the Jabra Elite, but with internal storage, i'll stand by the Mighty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Sony walkman NW-WS623. I quite like them. You can also swim with them!
With the Garmin 945 hopefully showing up at my doorstep soon though, I'll only be needing a BT headset without storage in the future.

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use an Amazfit Stratos for internal music storage (I download audio books for long runs). And for earbuds I'm using Enacfire E18 wireless earbuds. They hold in my ears great... even when sweaty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did tons of running with the IconX. very good in-ear fit for me, does not fall out while running.
Internal storage is super convenient, no issues disconnecting from the phone/watch, etc.
Also it remembers where it stopped playing which is great for audio books (less of an issue if you are shuffling songs in a play list)

However i experienced two issues:
a. for whatever reason samsung decided to make the controls (star/stop, volume) to be touch activated. as you can imagine that does not work well while running
b. they have a sensor to know when they are in the ear and stop playing when out. that sensor is not reliable and will cause it to stop playing for no apparent reason

I could live with problem a, since i don't touch it at all during running. problem b is a killer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't exactly answer your question, but an option to consider is as somebody else mentioned - Apple watch with any wireless earbuds.

For earbuds, I tried several (Bose, Jabra, Jaybird) and the ones I ended up liking the best were the cheapest of the lot, the Jlabs Jbud air.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 2018 Samsung Gear Icon X has 4gb of built in storage.

They eliminated that with the new Galaxy Buds.

I thought about going with the Gear Icon X's but then bailed and just got a set of Soundcore Liberty earbus on amazon for $79 CAD. I'm loving them a lot better than my former jaybird freedom/x3's for running. I still wear wired buds on the bike since I only use the right earbud and like taking it out often (I wrap the cord around my helmet so I can just take the bud in/out and it only dangles 2-3 inches)
Quote Reply
Re: Earbuds with internal storage [Fletch_boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Mighty looks like a great option save for the fact that it requires Spotify premium (that I don't have). For $80 they could take my money if it was just a hard drive music player with bluetooth. The search continues.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply