Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rambo Last Blood [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
I love the first one, one of those rewatchables that you can pick up anytime (seems like AMC has it in their regular rotation).

I spent one entire summer when trying to qualify for Nats (humble brag yes) when it first was released on RCA disc. Swim practice AM, Rambo, nap, swim practice PM.

30-40x in, still didn't get old. That + Road Warrior were that summers memories. Plus a lot of lane time.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Quote Reply
Re: Rambo Last Blood [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dwayne Johnson is the highest paid male actor in Hollyweird. Likely to stay that way for awhile.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Rambo Last Blood [mopdahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mopdahl wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:
I love the first one, one of those rewatchables that you can pick up anytime (seems like AMC has it in their regular rotation).

I spent one entire summer when trying to qualify for Nats (humble brag yes) when it first was released on RCA disc. Swim practice AM, Rambo, nap, swim practice PM.

30-40x in, still didn't get old. That + Road Warrior were that summers memories. Plus a lot of lane time.

Road Warrior, I loved that movie. The Lord Humungus was my favorite.
Quote Reply
Re: Rambo Last Blood [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Figured you and Forge would be first in line to get tickets. I'll pass. I didn't even watch Rambo back in the day, but did the first three Rocky flics.

Let me guess, too busy watching When Harry Met Sally?
Quote Reply
Re: Rambo Last Blood [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
Nova wrote:
Yup, just what I wanna watch, some old guy running around trying to be a 25y/o.

I understand he still takes care of his body, but really? He's fucking 72! Ugh!

I hope I'm going as hard as Stallone at 72!

Same here. Maybe he is still using stuff, maybe he isn't, It's his body. It's not like that you use that stuff and you suddenly get results without putting in the work.
Quote Reply
Re: Rambo Last Blood [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I turn 55 next week...I saw the First Blood during my Freshman year of college in the Fall on 1982 at a drive inn...damn this is crazy. I was pledging a Fraternity and we needed to hide from the actives during Hell week so we all went to the drive inn and had a case a beer to drink during the movie. Lot of life has happen in the last 37 years...from Stallone looking older, me older and no more hazing...:)
Quote Reply
Re: Rambo Last Blood [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueraider_mike wrote:
no more hazing...:)

I went to a military college.
Another alum put it best.
What is now not allowed because it is hazing, is being offered for money and called boot camps or cross fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Rambo Last Blood [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
Crank wrote:
Nova wrote:
...I understand he still takes care of his body...

"...takes care of his body..." No 72-year old can look like that without a big... "push" if you know what I mean.

This came up in the Arnold getting sucker drop-kicked thread--that Arnold was so big now because he's still juicing. Arnold was pretty open about his use after his bodybuilding career. He claimed, and I kind of believe, that he quit juicing after his bodybuilding career because he wasn't competing at the highest level any more. And he was still huge. There has to be a huge residual benefit from the years juicing. He was just plain bigger--bone structure and all.

Anyway, I don't know if they're still using something and I don't really care. Maybe some less than anabolic steroids and something like HGH? I know little about that stuff.

It isn't steroids as much as muscle and size in general. Especially if you are a lifelong lifter. I have been a lifelong lifter and was told your bones density permanently increased to accommodate the ability to handle heavy loads and day to day bodyweight support.

I haven't been less than 170 lbs since the age of 18. At 170, I'm skin and bone where you can see my ribs in front and back, wrist bones, and pelvic bones. I had a major injury a few years back where recovery and not doing anything took a good year and I lost my appetite too. I got down to 180 and looked gaunt, but not as bad as I did at 170. There wasn't much more weight I could lose. I quickly put back on weight once I could exercise, lift and eat again.

I have never used any sort of anabolic steroids, I have used prednisone which isn't anabolic. I am also not very tall, at a whopping 5'10".
Quote Reply

Prev Next