Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rocket7 Shoes?
Quote | Reply
Anyone use them lately? Still in business? I sent an email inquiry to them a week ago and haven't heard back.
Anyone order the 'semi-custom' shoes? Wondering what you are losing vs the full custom option (other than colors), since they still take a mold of your feet for them..
Quote Reply
Re: Rocket7 Shoes? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They look like good quality shoes, just outdated for some models. I got an email from them in October and their last website post was yesterday, so I they're still in business. If you're looking at a tri model, check out Riivo, too. Looks more modern, imo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used them some years ago & they fell apart on the bottom rubber front part of the carbon. It was like a rubber strip along the sole of the shoes, front half of the shoes on the underside where the upper meets the sole. I was hoping the lightness and stiffness would be an improvement for my cycling and did the custom stuff as prescribed in the order process.

What I found was they were way too stiff and hurt my feet. The above part dried out and crumbled. I'm sure they're still usable, and just need that walking tread replaced. I asked a guy I saw with a Rocket 7 shirt & asked him about it. Apparently he was the owner and they are still in business. He said to send them back. Honestly, I find the Specialized Tri Vent shoes I have (red and black), to be infinitly more comfortable at a fraction of the cost, and notice my cycling is as good as any other shoes I've worn. I've found Shimano shoes to feel a bit too "flexy" in the sole.

Do you want a pair of Rocket 7's size 11 (narrow B width) for SUPER cheap? Used 1 season and they sat in the garage ever since. They have Speedplay slots on the bottom only. Heck, I'll sell them super cheap to ya...
Quote Reply
Re: Rocket7 Shoes? [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
I used them some years ago & they fell apart on the bottom rubber front part of the carbon. It was like a rubber strip along the sole of the shoes, front half of the shoes on the underside where the upper meets the sole. I was hoping the lightness and stiffness would be an improvement for my cycling and did the custom stuff as prescribed in the order process.

What I found was they were way too stiff and hurt my feet. The above part dried out and crumbled. I'm sure they're still usable, and just need that walking tread replaced. I asked a guy I saw with a Rocket 7 shirt & asked him about it. Apparently he was the owner and they are still in business. He said to send them back. Honestly, I find the Specialized Tri Vent shoes I have (red and black), to be infinitly more comfortable at a fraction of the cost, and notice my cycling is as good as any other shoes I've worn. I've found Shimano shoes to feel a bit too "flexy" in the sole.

Do you want a pair of Rocket 7's size 11 (narrow B width) for SUPER cheap? Used 1 season and they sat in the garage ever since. They have Speedplay slots on the bottom only. Heck, I'll sell them super cheap to ya...

I used to have a pair from them about 15 years ago. I'd say I got a solid four years of riding out of them before they started to fail in similar ways to what you describe.
I'm not interested in them for light weight etc, rather because almost every shoe out there is painful for me to wear. I have a very wide mid-foot. Only shoes that have felt OK over the past few years are an old worn in pair of Shimano TR-60's. I've tried various Bont shoes, but even in their wide models I just find them uncomfortable in general. Specialized are too narrow in mid-foot just like almost every other shoe I've tried. I think the Shimano TR9's are close to being OK, but the toe box height is lower than the TR-60's and my big toe rubs the top pretty hard in them :(

As I was typing the above, the owner of R7 messaged me online and just spoke to him on the phone, that's pretty good service. :)
Just need to decide if 'semi-custom' will be good enough to solve my foot issues, it is a crush box and tracing, rather than the cast molding of the full custom.

Cheers
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: May 26, 19 16:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I'd like to correct my post in that, mine were "semi custom" where I had to draw around my feet basically, on paper & send it back. I was stoked and they were super light when I got them, but my feet eventually grew numb (too stiff of a sole). The upper eventually stretched which was great because I had more room for thin socks, but yeah--I don't think custom or semi custom is the way for me to go. My feet are much happier with simple off the shelf production models. So is my wallet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They're definitely still going, but as pretty much a 'one man band', you don't get immediate responses. There's often something a little hinky in emails, follow on instagram and elsewhere and send your message through all 3.
As to the shoes, my wife bought me a pair full custom tri back in 2005, then 2 years ago i sent them back for a new upper. Soles are incredibly comfortable, and make anything else feel 'flat'. Zero quality issues with mine, and if the additional cost (tax etc to me in the uk) weren't so mad, i'd definitely get another pair as i spend so much attempting to find something anywhere near as good a fit from big brands - I suffer from lateral foot pain in anything else (and always have done, 37 years of racing) and absolutely nothing has the width in the correct place for me other than R7.

'to give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift'...Pre
Last edited by: undies: May 27, 19 1:24
Quote Reply
Re: Rocket7 Shoes? [undies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
undies wrote:
..... as i spend so much attempting to find something anywhere near as good a fit from big brands - I suffer from lateral foot pain in anything else (and always have done, 37 years of racing) and absolutely nothing has the width in the correct place for me other than R7.

My experience as well. Just trying to figure out if their semi custom route will work as its about half price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are still around as we spoke on the phone last week. Sorry we didn't receive your first email as we usually respond within 24 hours. Let us know if we can help. Take care, R7
Quote Reply
Re: Rocket7 Shoes? [undies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad our shoes are working out for you! Let us know if you need anything in the near future. Take care, R7
Quote Reply