Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Heel Bone Spur
Quote | Reply
Hi Peeps,

My gal is not a member of this forum. So on her behalf, I am seeking out some help/advice. She has been suffering from some serious heel pain. She has seen her GP doc and the x-rays taken shows a medial calcaneus bone spur. She is getting a referral to see a podiatrist. In the meantime, has anybody here dealt with a bone spur in this region of the heel? If so, how did you treat it? (surgery, PT, outcome, etc.)

As always thanks for the help!

Cheers,
G
Quote Reply
Re: Heel Bone Spur [apache] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HI- sorry she is going through this. My podiatrist and pt said to treat the bone spur and plantar fasciitis simultaneously.. I just had a bone spur that was causing me pain...i tried some different heel cups to relieve the pressure on that area. I found "heel seats" to give me the most relief. I also slept with a plantar fasciitis boot every night ( i still do). Gentle stretching several times a day. Daily 2x10 heel raises with the toes on a folded up towel (about 40 degrees). Plantar fasciitis feetures socks and kinesiotaping my arch also helped. I am back to running basically full strength but am still doing all of the above! Good luck to her and let me know if you have any other questions...I actually never stopped running, but was very judicious about duration, surface, shoes etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Heel Bone Spur [charlietris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
charlietris wrote:
HI- sorry she is going through this. My podiatrist and pt said to treat the bone spur and plantar fasciitis simultaneously.. I just had a bone spur that was causing me pain...i tried some different heel cups to relieve the pressure on that area. I found "heel seats" to give me the most relief. I also slept with a plantar fasciitis boot every night ( i still do). Gentle stretching several times a day. Daily 2x10 heel raises with the toes on a folded up towel (about 40 degrees). Plantar fasciitis feetures socks and kinesiotaping my arch also helped. I am back to running basically full strength but am still doing all of the above! Good luck to her and let me know if you have any other questions...I actually never stopped running, but was very judicious about duration, surface, shoes etc.

Awesome, thanks! Do you have a link so that I could take a look at these heel cups?

Cheers,
G
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you me?! :D My lady has been dealing with that for 10 months. It got a lot better. She's doing everything the other person mentioned. Heel drops (on stairs), foot stretches, massages, soft insoles in shoes, and one other thing. She's wearing soft sandals/flipflops around the house pretty much all the time. Dropped her daily mileage in half or more for most of this time, and stayed off her feet on days it really hurt. Recently got back to normal and it's been working out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
go to heelthatpain.com I got the original heel "seats" and they have been working really well! i have been using them in my daily shoes (merrell), but not in my running shoes...have been kinesiotaping my arch and using the feetures pf socks for any runs. also, i have been wearing my oofos sandals and/or crocs around the house...no more barefoot! i recently ran a half marathon that qualified me for the nyc half and full and i feel fine! tell her not to get discouraged...do as many of these little things as she can and be patient....she'll be back up and running very soon!
Quote Reply
Re: Heel Bone Spur [charlietris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
charlietris wrote:
go to heelthatpain.com I got the original heel "seats" and they have been working really well! i have been using them in my daily shoes (merrell), but not in my running shoes...have been kinesiotaping my arch and using the feetures pf socks for any runs. also, i have been wearing my oofos sandals and/or crocs around the house...no more barefoot! i recently ran a half marathon that qualified me for the nyc half and full and i feel fine! tell her not to get discouraged...do as many of these little things as she can and be patient....she'll be back up and running very soon!

Thanks much!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because it is a bone only surgery helps get rid of it. Better shoes, shoe inserts will help to stop it from getting worse only. I have a small heel spur and found wearing a pair of footreviver heel cups helped a lot.

https://yourphysiosupplies.co.uk/...otreviver-heel-cups/
Last edited by: peterg: Jun 13, 19 7:46
Quote Reply