Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The most interesting rumors are around Movistar. Landa, Carapaz, and Quintana could all be leaving. Enrique Mas could be coming in. Unless Movistar has a budget issue though, I bet either Landa or Carapaz is offered a big enough contract to stay. Especially for Carapaz, who's rumored to be going to Ineos where he would be 3rd fiddle at best coming in and no clear path to be "the man" in a few years with Bernal locked up long term.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Movistar would be nuts to let Carapaz leave, he's got a better GC game than Landa or Quintana. On a podcast they mentioned how big Movistar is in South America, where even winning the Vuelta matters a lot. So I bet he stays put.

Nibali > Trek. Landa > Bahrain. Quintana > {insert team, doesn't matter}.

Pogacar is going to come due before too long, he should be a red-hot signing.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Who else is a free agent?

I think Fuglsang is on the last year of his contract
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i gotta believe CCC picks up a GC rider

TdF does look to be a Team Ineos affair, grinding everybody into the ground
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe I read a few months ago that CCC wants Kwiatkowski badly, not sure when he’s up though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Joe only signed one year deal with EF so he's gotta be looking to sign coming off that Giro performance-but I don't see him going back to Sky/Ineos-and he sure wouldn't be wearing it right now-and unless he just returned stateside today....

Don't think Justin Mauch has signed with Ineos.

Redskins---hahahahaa

TDF probably will be a snooze fest so let the transfer talk rule!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about Van Dert getting 2nd in a field sprint today and 3rd on stage 1? Impressive, plus he gets the TdF call up. Speaking of, might as well get that thread going. Who wants it? Jimmy?
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skippy74 wrote:
Joe only signed one year deal with EF so he's gotta be looking to sign coming off that Giro performance-but I don't see him going back to Sky/Ineos-and he sure wouldn't be wearing it right now-and unless he just returned stateside today....

Don't think Justin Mauch has signed with Ineos.

Redskins---hahahahaa

TDF probably will be a snooze fest so let the transfer talk rule!

that's a blast from the past

as for @McNulty's sighting, probably just some dude wearing an Ineos kit

Carl Spackler wrote:
How about Van Dert getting 2nd in a field sprint today and 3rd on stage 1? Impressive, plus he gets the TdF call up. Speaking of, might as well get that thread going. Who wants it? Jimmy?

Sure is impressive. I thought he was more of a diesel type and can't sprint. This should at least make his battles with M vdP somewhat interesting when they get to the line together
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

Lemme sober up and I’ll whip up some bs, take a few potshots just to get some buzz going. As this may well end up being tour de zzzzzzzzzz, I think there needs to be a theme, a side discussion of some sort. Something like, “If it weren’t for the French, France would be awesome.” Just spitballin’.......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sober up? I'd suggest doubling down as you're already on good form. Theme is good call, sorta like making up nicknames for riders in Spring Classics thread. It's a pity we'll need to keep entertained in the absence of great racing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next