Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trail runners are parasites [clayhathorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
clayhathorn wrote:

Kidding aside, I think part of the deal is that trail runners are soloist by nature and generally not organized into groups. We don't talk about the sport much, choosing to go out by ourselves.
Maybe where you are but over here in the land up over we regularly 'hunt' in packs.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Trail runners are parasites [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most trail runners aren't runners. They're hikers.
Last edited by: gall1972: Jun 6, 19 4:58
Quote Reply
Re: Trail runners are parasites [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swimfan wrote:
Is Outside magazine still in publication? Thats impressive.

Best comment yet. It used to be such a great magazine. As mentioned above, Peruzzi is a hack. I don't think I have ever read a decent article by him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Coincidentally, there was just a post in our local trial running group's FB page which linked our group to a bunch of others to coordinate trail maintenance activities throughout the state. Even with this effort, I'd agree that it's a fraction of what the MTB gang does. It's a little bit of an apples to oranges comparison though.

Side note - On the MTB end of things, I was looking to do a novice ride once. I was brought along on a trail maintenance outing with the thought being that the need to bring along chainsaws and such would help temper the ride. Nope. MTB people are nuts! They were happily bouncing down rocky washed out creeks with Chainsaws in backpacks (no problem)! I was lucky to get out of that ride alive. And then there was the time they convinced me to do a winter ascent of Mt. Greylock on fat tire bikes. Very humbling.
Quote Reply
Re: Trail runners are parasites [gall1972] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gall1972 wrote:
Most trail runners aren't runners. They're hikers.

Peruzzi, is that you? That's OK, though. I'm a roadie as well as trail runner, so I'm a master at making bitchy little comments to belittle those who don't meet my exacting standards of conduct. Particularly those make the grave, grave error of being slower than I am.
Last edited by: trail: Jun 6, 19 14:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, this type of article is standard fare at Outside these days, they trot out several of those a week. Maybe they're supposed to camouflage their other regular product of thinly veiled attempts at getting you to buy something.

Some of the Outdoor stuff, and I use that term loosely, makes it hard for me to believe the author has spent much time outside.
Quote Reply
Re: Trail runners are parasites [offpiste.reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
offpiste.reese wrote:
swimfan wrote:
Is Outside magazine still in publication? That's impressive.

Best comment yet. It used to be such a great magazine. As mentioned above, Peruzzi is a hack. I don't think I have ever read a decent article by him.

It's been co-opted in much the way Rolling Stone was ages and AGES ago, and now functions merely an advertisement and promotion delivery system, trading on a long-abandoned legacy of high-caliber contributors and editorial edginess

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Jun 7, 19 11:52
Quote Reply

Prev Next