Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cyclops Hammer H2 or Kickr Core
Quote | Reply
What says you and why, I have had other cyclops products and liked them in the past. Just want some opinions

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclops Hammer H2 or Kickr Core [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Similar units. The CORE is quieter. Also has Climb support if that's your thing.

*Neither have been without their faults. Buy local. Company wise we've seen Saris sell off PowerTap recently... it'll be interesting to see what they do with the CycleOps range. If there's nothing new from them this year, it's going to be lights out. (The H2 is just the H1 with new clothes).

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want a new max power get the H2 (reads higher during max sprints), if you want a great direct drive look a the Neo (usually reads a little low) or the Wahoo (stickers can come off).
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclops Hammer H2 or Kickr Core [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
Similar units. The CORE is quieter. Also has Climb support if that's your thing.

*Neither have been without their faults. Buy local. Company wise we've seen Saris sell off PowerTap recently... it'll be interesting to see what they do with the CycleOps range. If there's nothing new from them this year, it's going to be lights out. (The H2 is just the H1 with new clothes).

you're more the expert than i am. just, here's my question. seems to me the kickr is the $1,200 version, the core the stripped down $800 version. as in, like the NEO and the flux. the core seems to me lighter duty. the H2, if you get the $1,200 unit, minus the 20 percent discount that seems always there, and you take that discount off the minor scratch and dent and i can't find any scratches or dents on those, then you're down to $700 and change for a pretty heavy duty unit.

this is why i'd choose the H2. heavy duty unit for a light duty price. but i'm absolutely ready to stand corrected.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclops Hammer H2 or Kickr Core [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
gplama wrote:

you're more the expert than i am. just, here's my question. seems to me the kickr is the $1,200 version, the core the stripped down $800 version. as in, like the NEO and the flux. the core seems to me lighter duty. the H2, if you get the $1,200 unit, minus the 20 percent discount that seems always there, and you take that discount off the minor scratch and dent and i can't find any scratches or dents on those, then you're down to $700 and change for a pretty heavy duty unit.

this is why i'd choose the H2. heavy duty unit for a light duty price. but i'm absolutely ready to stand corrected.

Thanks Dan,
I was thinking the same thing, Not sure why GP lama would say the Cyclops would be out of business without new product when they don't seem much different (better or worse) then Kickr.. Unless I am missing something which is why I asked the question

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's hard to compare the Neo->Flux to the Kickr->CORE. The two Tacx trainers are very different in design, features, and ride experience. The Wahoo trainers are effectively the same thing. The CORE is pretty much a silent Kickr17. The CORE has a 0.5lbs lighter flywheel than the Kickr 14/16/17. Other than that there's no real compromise in operation or accuracy.

People often say the Hammer units are solid/tough/etc but that's just the exterior of the unit. It's insanely overbuilt. When you're on the trainer and riding you'd never know.

Having said all that, what people value (or keep clear of) is entirely their call. I'd test ride all of the above if possible and go from there.

Shane Miller - GPLama
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:
[Not sure why GP lama would say the Cyclops would be out of business without new product when they don't seem much different (better or worse) then Kickr.. Unless I am missing something which is why I asked the question

You can't keep selling old hardware in this market and survive.

Shane Miller - GPLama
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My H2 has been awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the original Hammer and my wife has the Core. The Core is much quieter and has worked fine. The Hammer looks nicer and has adjustable feet, in case the ground isn’t level. I had to level the Core by placing pieces of foam under two of the feet. The Hammer also has a nice handle in case you need to move it. The Core is more awkward to move.

Having said all that, I’d save the coin and buy the Core.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclops Hammer H2 or Kickr Core [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a core and climb in January, and am very happy. Got them at REI so I have the great REI return guarantee and discount to my REI member account. No regrets
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
gplama wrote:

I agree with this entirely. The H2 is an awesome unit by an awesome company. I love having the sensors integrated and I can ride any bike on it due to 1) easy thru axle compatibility and 2) the power readings are super close to anything I have compared it to, so there's no reason to run a PM and power match. I bought a 'scratch and dent' and couldn't find a scratch, nor a dent anywhere on it. With the current 20% off promo, it's $720 shipped to your door.
Quote Reply