Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NEED HELP with all sorts of power meter issues
Quote | Reply
Hey folks.

Alright..bit of a doozy scenario. The short version is that I am having issues with both my indoor and outdoor power solutions. I am aware that they are two separate issues, but I'm combining them into one post. i'm going to be overly specific so that folks understand my issue.

Indoor Power
-Kickr Snap
-Android Phone
-Wahoo Element Bolt

Issue: I take my bike on and off my snap all the time. I want to run spin downs after 10 minutes of riding to help calibrate because I notice drastic differences in power unless I spin down. Here are the steps that I have to take to spindown.

-Plug by kickr in, tighten 2 full turns, ride for about 10 minutes.
-If I do not do the following step, the kickr will never finish spin down.
-I have to turn my Wahoo Element Bolt off, kill all apps on my phone (Google Pixel 2 XL) unplug and replug my Kickr, THEN run spindown via the wahoo utility app.
-From here, the spin down will be a success maybe half the time, however, sometimes I lose all resistance and the kickr gets stuck in what feels like "spin up to 23 mph" mode. Sometimes it takes me 10 minutes just to get the kickr to hold any resistance.

There has to be a way to calibrate my kickr snap without running into all these issues. Before a recent update, I used to get prompted with a, "your kickr needs to spin down!" prompt on my Bolt. This is no longer the case. The only spin down option I see is "calibrate" which im assuming just sets the kickr to a freewheel mode to be calibrated with the phone app.

All I want to do is get on my bike, ride for 10 minutes, and calibrate my kickr snap without going through a million steps to do it. Please help!

I am having a separate issue with my outdoor power, Pioneer dual sided system. I think I'm going to have to do another thread about that.
Quote Reply
Re: NEED HELP with all sorts of power meter issues [travisfodor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll have a shot at this... ;)

The BOLT is likely connecting to the SNAP over Bluetooth. And the SNAP can only have one BLE connection, so once that's taken nothing else will connect that way..... ANT+ is another story, let's stick with the BLE theory for now. When you turn off your BOLT it /should/ free up the BLE connection and go back into BLE Advertisement mode. If it doesn't for whatever reason, when you power cycle the SNAP it does.... then the Plxel will connect via the Wahoo App, happy days. You should be able to spindown/calibrate the SNAP from the BOLT.

https://support.wahoofitness.com/...sing-the-ELEMNT-BOLT

Fire away with your Pioneer issue. I'll get the jump and guess it's in pedal monitor mode and nothing else other than your BOLT will pick it up?

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Last edited by: gplama: May 22, 19 0:10
Quote Reply
Re: NEED HELP with all sorts of power meter issues [travisfodor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have a power meter on your bike, why don't you use it as source for power numbers indoor and only use the wahoo to control resistance (in erg or resistance mode)
my experience with wheel-on trainers is that power numbers are very unreliable. tire pressure, temperature, how hard you tighten it, etc.
and even if you get consistent power from the trainer, it is not consistent with your numbers outside.

i use my garmin to control the trainer (Neo, which is very accurate), but set up the power meter on the bike so i have consistency
Quote Reply
Re: NEED HELP with all sorts of power meter issues [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
I'll have a shot at this... ;)

The BOLT is likely connecting to the SNAP over Bluetooth. And the SNAP can only have one BLE connection, so once that's taken nothing else will connect that way..... ANT+ is another story, let's stick with the BLE theory for now. When you turn off your BOLT it /should/ free up the BLE connection and go back into BLE Advertisement mode. If it doesn't for whatever reason, when you power cycle the SNAP it does.... then the Plxel will connect via the Wahoo App, happy days. You should be able to spindown/calibrate the SNAP from the BOLT.

https://support.wahoofitness.com/...sing-the-ELEMNT-BOLT

Fire away with your Pioneer issue. I'll get the jump and guess it's in pedal monitor mode and nothing else other than your BOLT will pick it up?

Thanks so much for the help. I think I understand what you're saying re: Bluetooth. Im going to try this out tonight.

I got to the bottom of what is causing the pioneer issue. I lost a magnet on one side. I'm trying to calibrate the magnets.

Replaced the batteries, connected both sides to the app, but when I run magnet calibration, neither side is registering any rotations. When I put the batteries in, both sides light up solid green.
Quote Reply