Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt B16 Top tube and Rear box question
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to add a top tube box and a rear (under seat/seat stem) box on my Felt B16 TT. I like the Bontrager Speed Concept Draft Box II for the rear, but have no idea if it would be compatible. Any FELT riders with a set up they like?
Last edited by: Ruthven: May 21, 19 9:40
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B16 Top tube and Rear box question [Ruthven] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the looks of it, I'd say that the shape does not look like a fit. The attachment to the seatpost will definitely be an issue - I suppose you might be able to zip tie it if you drill a couple of holes.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ruthven wrote:
I'm looking to add a top tube box and a rear (under seat/seat stem) box on my Felt B16 TT. I like the Bontrager Speed Concept Draft Box II for the rear, but have no idea if it would be compatible. Any Felt riders with a set up they like?
Regarding a top tube box, we can't claim to be totally objective, but we do make an advanced aero top tube bento with a special low-profile strap system that is unlike any other (photo of Speedpack 483 on a Felt B16 is below). And one thing about our strap system is that you will get ZERO slipping or sliding of the pack on your top tube. Zero.

More info here, and some rider feedback here.

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you thought about the Torhans VR bottle instead of the rear box. I use one on my B14 to carry tools, Co2, tubes, etc.You have to cut off the bottom as described here-> https://aerogeeks.com/...tool-carrier-review/, but it works really well. Designed for B14 as well, so perfect fit in the frame triangle. Apparently saves a few watts, if that's your thing! :)

For a bento I use an XLab Stealth Pocket 400, it sits nice and low behind the cable entry point/stem and I can get 6 gels in it for longer races, or a mix of gels and bars. I would have gone for the Dark Speed Works, but I saw it after I'd bought the Xlab.

I also use a Torhans Aero 30 bottle between my tri-bars for drinks, just to complete my luggage carrying capacity. :)
Last edited by: jockhaggis: May 23, 19 7:30
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B16 Top tube and Rear box question [jockhaggis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jockhaggis wrote:
For a bento I use an XLab Stealth Pocket 400, it sits nice and low behind the cable entry point/stem and I can get 6 gels in it for longer races, or a mix of gels and bars. I would have gone for the Dark Speed Works, but I saw it after I'd bought the Xlab.

I tried a number of XLab items on my B14. I think I finally settled on the Rocket Pocket as the easiest to get the most stuff in and out of.

Behind the seat I went with their two bottle Delta holder and then a Mini Bag under it. Works like a champ.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B16 Top tube and Rear box question [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Get in contact with Yann!! He is the man,,he made mine for hte Black Felt DA on his webside...and I can speed for the DSW bento as you can see it is on there also..just running it different with cables going through the box..and I carefully zip tied it on so it looked a tad cleaner

Yann Bertaud

web: http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram: www.instagram.com/ custombikexcessories
Facebook: www.facebook.com/pg/ custombikexcessories
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For my B2, I use the DSW bento for top tube for my gels, electrolytes etc and the torhans, as described previously, for my tubes, CO2, levers etc. I love the setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks all.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B16 Top tube and Rear box question [mpeardon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mpeardon wrote:

Get in contact with Yann!! He is the man,,he made mine for hte Black Felt DA on his webside...and I can speed for the DSW bento as you can see it is on there also..just running it different with cables going through the box..and I carefully zip tied it on so it looked a tad cleaner

Thanks for the recommendation mpeardon. The B16 would be a tricky bike to make a rear box for due to the curve on the frame above the rear wheel. The problem for me is finding a bike locally to measure and design the box around. Alternatively, half joking, you could send me the frame for a week and I could have a box designed easily over that week time.

Yann

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

You mean something like that? ;-)
With the no experience I had it was a pita to do with carbon and glassfiber, not as smooth as I wanted but does the job and is DIY for sure.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B16 Top tube and Rear box question [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice!
Quote Reply